Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Stupid Questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Stupid Questions...

I've got a few stoopid questions, and hopefully ya'll got a few answers.

And yes, I've used the search button...

1.) What size allen wrench fits the button-head shock and link screws on the MRC Pro roller? I've tried 1.27mm (too small), 1.3mm (still too small), 1.5mm (too big), .050" (too small), and a 1/16" (too big).

2.) I've bought the outboard spacer kit (haven't installed it due to above allen problem), but my shocks rub the tires already. How they gonna clear with the shock another 10mm or whatever outboard???

3.) Where do I find a screw and hardware set that's a little higher quality than the stock stuff? I'm pretty damn meticulous about allen screws and making sure not to screw them up, but some of the bigger screws I did manage to get out have a REALLY sloppy fit with the wrench and means it won't be long till I'm pissed off at dealing with stripped allen heads...

I really like the new crawler, but I'm not impressed with the stock hardware in the slightest.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I can help you with #3 http://www.fastener-express.com/

Hope this helps some, I've been very happy with this company.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
RCC Addict

2.) I've bought the outboard spacer kit (haven't installed it due to above allen problem), but my shocks rub the tires already. How they gonna clear with the shock another 10mm or whatever outboard???
you will need to buy the wheel wideners

3.) Where do I find a screw and hardware set that's a little higher quality than the stock stuff? I'm pretty damn meticulous about allen screws and making sure not to screw them up, but some of the bigger screws I did manage to get out have a REALLY sloppy fit with the wrench and means it won't be long till I'm pissed off at dealing with stripped allen heads...
what redranger linked you too
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
you will need to buy the wheel wideners

what redranger linked you too

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go with wideners. I guess the outboard kit will have to wait till after the steering mods I got planned. I just can't see the wideners and the extra scrub-radius that comes with them making life any easier on my little 645MG. Especially with weighted wheels and whatnot...

As for the last comment, I am 89Redranger. But, thanks for the input. I know what you meant.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go with wideners. I guess the outboard kit will have to wait till after the steering mods I got planned. I just can't see the wideners and the extra scrub-radius that comes with them making life any easier on my little 645MG. Especially with weighted wheels and whatnot...

As for the last comment, I am 89Redranger. But, thanks for the input. I know what you meant.

You may look into a special Savox is running and pick up a beefier servo. I'm running the 1256tg in my mini wedge and it's great. No problems even with nearly 4 1/4" Rovers.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Oh, you could try adding a washer or two in-between the wheel and hex. That could "widen" it
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote