Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Question about Upgrading Motor & ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Question about Upgrading Motor & ESC

I have a MRC w/ stock motor & esc and am considering upgrading to the Losi Xcelorin motor & esc and although I read that moving to that setup gives you more wheelspeed, drag brake, & torque i'm still not sure how it compares to stock. So would it be say twice as fast as stock? Just trying to figure out how different it would be to determine if it makes sense for me to spend the $ to do this.

BTW - I don't comp this rig is just for indoor/backyard fun. I would like it to be faster/quicker than stock.
netsurfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
dnf

I would say its simular to comparing a kia to a mustang as far as the diference is power on tap.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Well I guess that's a great "visual" comparison. Heck if it's that much of an improvement then I guess it's an easy decision and I better do it!

BTW - I was reading & thinking about your motors until I found a post where you told another newbie non-comp guy like me that your motors were really aimed at more advanced drivers due to the maintenance, etc... so just wanted to say that i was looking at your motors as an option but i'm on that newbie/low maintenance crowd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
I would say its simular to comparing a kia to a mustang as far as the diference is power on tap.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
Well I guess that's a great "visual" comparison. Heck if it's that much of an improvement then I guess it's an easy decision and I better do it!

BTW - I was reading & thinking about your motors until I found a post where you told another newbie non-comp guy like me that your motors were really aimed at more advanced drivers due to the maintenance, etc... so just wanted to say that i was looking at your motors as an option but i'm on that newbie/low maintenance crowd!
Yeah, I would rather miss a sale,and give my honest opinion to you guys.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Yeah I thought that was quite honest & straight up of you to do that. Not a lot of people out there that would do the same. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Yeah, I would rather miss a sale,and give my honest opinion to you guys.