Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: AB Desings - MVP Pro Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default AB Desings - MVP Pro Chassis

Well, the old wheels are turning in my head and with the help of brazwewn(Wes) over on EPARCCrawlers.com on the technical mathematical side of the house. I'm pleased to give you the first look at the MVP Pro Chassis.

Again, my attempt to bring you more chassis options at a reasonable price. With the introduction of the MRC Pro i decided to base this chassis on the MRC pro skid. Wes was about to help me calculate the optimal positions for the link geometry on the chassis to allow the physics behind rock crawling to work in your favor for a more stable rig.

This is the prototype that I will be testing for a while to determine any parts of the chassis that may need beefed up as I'm shooting for a lower COG and lighter chassis than the GC-3 chassis.

The first test material I'm using is 3/32nd in delrin if it holds well, we may stick with the material as it's inexpensive and extremal durable.

This chassis will start as a bodied chassis then I will design a cab to go bodiless. The goal is to make this chassis the lightest chassis for the MRC on the market.

Weight: I will post the weight as soon as I get rev-1 from the cutter as I mad a slight design change since these first photos.

Capabilities - Today is that first comp i ran it at and I was able to pull off a respectable 3rd Place with a total of -35 points in the rain. That's a personal best and the rig had little to no issues with the obstacles on any of the courses.

More detail to come.

Last edited by Abavuso; 03-09-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I was very impressed with this at our Comp on Sunday Adam. You have a winner on your hands.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #3

looks real nice im ready to order once your final tests are done
Marq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
RCC Addict

It looks like a solid design.

always interested in new chassis' I am more interested in what topper you will put on it.

Post topper pictures soon and I'm sure you will generate some hype
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
RCC Addict

As of now, im considering a cab design similar too the bolt on replacment for the original MVP chassis to get more of a truck look. But im going to work on a sloped back as well for functionality. Its all going to depend on what shape i can come up with. I dont want another look alike so its goingbto take some work.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Here's a couple photos from the first comp with the new MVP Pro Chassis.

We took home a respectable 3rd place with -35 points.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Default For you tech heads

Here's the technical data from the 4Link calculatore for those who understand this stuff. I understand it to look at it, just not to explain it in any depth, that's what friedns are for till i'm educated enough.

She weight 2 LBS 5 Oz ready to role.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

is that english? i just know i watched your stupid little truck kick some butt in bad weather on slick rocks, thats how techical i get!
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Default How she goes together

A better look at the MVP Pro.

The only modification Needed is to shorten the rod for the lowers about 1/8 th of an inch. You can do that with some wire snips.

It only weights 1.4 oz.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Looks good but a bit top heavy compared to the GC3/MRC Pro chassis.
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Not so much. it's not as tall as the GC-3 Chassis, it's longer though to give you more shock mounting options for fine tuning. Though the majority of the weight might be at the top, its only 1.4 oz. Im not sure what the pro or CG3 chassis weighs but in comparison my rig setup with the GC3 vs this chassis, this chassis feels much lighter.

The only down side to the 3/32nd inch delrin is that it does have a little chassis flex though this doesn't hamper its preformance. On my test version i did screw a piece of .040 lexan across the cross brace and that took the flex out. That might be a perminant feature for this chassis. Plus it gives you a place yo secur wires or rx like i did on the underside to keep the weight low.

RTR Weight 2 LBS 5 OZ the way i have it set up.

Last edited by Abavuso; 03-19-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Default Onward

The MVP Pro is about to go into production. The only change I'm going to make it material thickness. The 3/16 is really light and durable but the chassis flex makes me nervous with that said, I've not broken it yet even after some crazy falls so I could be just being overly cautious. the chassis will be made in 1/8th inch to ensure maxim durability and minimum flex. Look for these soon in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I'm in, let me know when I can get mine.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default Nice design

Hi

Loved the look of the original MVP chassis but on your site it is no longer listed. Has the Pro replaced the original or will you still be offering the previous model?

Also, do you plan to offer a cab conversion to make it bodiless or will it be a body only design?

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the results.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #15
RCC Addict

The pro chassis will have a cab in the future Its in the design process. The original mvp chassis is undergoing a redesign and will be back with the ability to use the standard 3 link or 4 link well as improved 4 link geometry.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
The pro chassis will have a cab in the future Its in the design process. The original mvp chassis is undergoing a redesign and will be back with the ability to use the standard 3 link or 4 link well as improved 4 link geometry.
Great news. Guess I should have reread the thread before the cab question. Can't wait to see both product up on your site.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote