Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Axle Link mounts breaking. please help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Axle Link mounts breaking. please help.

Well guys, ive noticed that on my mini, that 1 big issue i have is that the axle Shock and lower link mounts always tend to break off too easy, is there any way to make them more durable?

i think losi should also thicken the plastic alittle, i feel that it is just too thin at times.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Don't over tighten! I've been compin' my same housings for 2 years w/ no problems...
dickwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Wow, thats incredible.

does the screw hold though? im worried of the screw loosening out easy.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I also broke the thin side of the mount trying to mount my shocks outside the mount position. They are not the strongest by any means. I suggest having some spares around as well. I do agree that over tightening things might be a culprit simply because the rod ball ends are pretty sharp and small.

One thing I might suggest after looking at your build pics is it looks like something is either stressing or binding the link/shock mount and causing it to bend a bit on an angle. That might be something to take a look at in my opinion.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I have been running my rig for a year on the same housing. My son tightened his shock mount down just a little to tight, you could see it was slightly bent in and the outside snapped after the second pack.
slowtocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I also broke the thin side of the mount trying to mount my shocks outside the mount position. They are not the strongest by any means. I suggest having some spares around as well. I do agree that over tightening things might be a culprit simply because the rod ball ends are pretty sharp and small.

One thing I might suggest after looking at your build pics is it looks like something is either stressing or binding the link/shock mount and causing it to bend a bit on an angle. That might be something to take a look at in my opinion.
I think I may try grinding down the edges, and use a 3mm washer to help put the pressure on the thin piece.

Also, you maybe right, as I run the mini gc3 and man, do those links need some pressure to place it into position.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Are you outboarding them? If so, are you using a proper sized spacer between the mounts?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Are you outboarding them? If so, are you using a proper sized spacer between the mounts?
Nope, I am not running the outboard shock kit. I believe it may be due to the Sharp edges on the ball ends... anyways, will have to check once I get back from class
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I also have them outboarded w/ a spacer. If yer worried about them backing out just add a dab of BLUE locktight and yer golden! And I had to sand the shit out of my skid on the GC3 to get the links to move freely...
dickwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Ah yes, I will be using blue lock tite.

btw. do you know that traxxas rod that uses the e clip that people use to hold the lowers in place for the gc3? if so what is the part number?