Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Brake torque twist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #1

Default Brake torque twist?

I have a GC-3 and just put in the Losi brushless and ESC with a 58 tooth spur and a 19 tooth pinion. Wow this thing is fast now. When I let off the throttle and the brakes immediately turn on, the tires all lock and one tire comess off the ground, like the oppsoite of throttle torque twist. Any suggestions on how to fix or limit this from happening? Thanks
alnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnaud View Post
I have a GC-3 and just put in the Losi brushless and ESC with a 58 tooth spur and a 19 tooth pinion. Wow this thing is fast now. When I let off the throttle and the brakes immediately turn on, the tires all lock and one tire comess off the ground, like the oppsoite of throttle torque twist. Any suggestions on how to fix or limit this from happening? Thanks

mine does that with a 61 spur and a 12 pinion and a stock motor!!! you have to ask your self are you drag racing? or rock crawling???

if you can turn down the drag brake on the ESC if not add lead to the rear axle
Dougie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #3

LOL i am not drag racing it's just sometimes when I have to squeeze the throttle and jump down from a rock the drag brake hits and sometimes flips the truck over. I like the amount of drag brake cuz the truck stays put when it suppose to but I was just currious if there is a different set up or way to tune this from happening.... Maybe I just need to learn better throttle control.
alnaud is offline   Reply With Quote