Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Getting my very pwn crawler!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #1

Default Getting my very pwn crawler!!

After playing iwth my boyfriends Super I have been bit by the Crawling bug!!! I have been looking and going over every possible option and finally got one off Ebay. Its a Losi Mini and it has all this stuff
You are bidding on a losi mini crawler with upgrades comes with servo and motor no other electronics
  • Homes hobbies brushed crawler motor
  • losi steel lockers
  • losi threaded aluminium shocks
  • integy high clearance bent links
  • full size futaba servo
  • proline body
  • alumium rear axle ends
  • aluminium front stearing knuckles
Im so very exctied!!

Tiff
RCKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
No idea what I'm doing

Post some pics when you get it
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Post some pics when you get it
Here are some from the eBay listing.

And here's my truck
Old 04-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Too late, I just bought it ;) Just kidding that would be mean.
Looks good other than the bright yellow wheels...

Shocks, metal diff lockers, servo, servo plate, bent links... all things that you would upgrade on a new one right away anyways so its nice that the basic mods are already done.
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #5

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getrag View Post
Too late, I just bought it ;) Just kidding that would be mean.
Looks good other than the bright yellow wheels...

Shocks, metal diff lockers, servo, servo plate, bent links... all things that you would upgrade on a new one right away anyways so its nice that the basic mods are already done.

LOL I LIKE the yellow!! My boyfriend thinks they need to be relaced too. He has already found some he wants to get. Looks like they might have to go.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the crawling addiction. LOL

The MRCs are a lot of fun!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
Welcome to the crawling addiction. LOL

The MRCs are a lot of fun!
I havent ever used the mini so Im very very excited!! Plus I just got the tracking number so it's on the way!!

I use my boyfriend Super Crawler and have a blast with his.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #8

ITS HERE!!!! I took all the stickers off the body and once my boyfriend gets home we can work on it together and get it running!!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #9

Ok due to everyones urging I got new wheels They look MUCH MUCH better, you everyone was right!! Now we just need to install the Brushless system that we got, get the lipo set up and I will finally be able to run the little monster!

I also took off the stickers that were all over the body it looks so much better! I am thinking of getting a cage and painting that pink.

Tiff

Ikaikas Kitten!!! <3
Old 04-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
No idea what I'm doing

My first introduction to crawling was with an MRC, so I have a bit of a fondness for them. Good luck with it, and post up the changes you make
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #11

Will do!! I will take some pics tonight, I'm pretty proud I did the wheels and tires once my boyfriend showed me what to do I did more of the work As a girl with little to no experiance except with racing dirt bikes and snowmobiles I think that I am catching on pretty quick. The tires were streached out a bit from being on those wheels that were too big but I got them on the new wheels with some glue
Old 04-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

if you are really into this you should check this out http://www.rockcandyrcc.com
crawler pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #13

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
My first introduction to crawling was with an MRC, so I have a bit of a fondness for them. Good luck with it, and post up the changes you make
Well not like it has taken forever!! With going to the comps with my guy and getting my puppy AND working on the MRC I haven't posted at all. Here is the new MRC!!

Now that its all put together we are getting a weird glitchy interfearance with it I'm pretty bummed
Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
RCC Addict

are u running 2.4ghz or fm and or am
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
are u running 2.4ghz or fm and or am
I have a 2.4ghz We put a castle BEC in it and have the Holmes Mini. It will run fine then will stall before it accually goes foward. That's the best way I can describe it. We were thinking that maybe the Motor is going out? I don't know :( (sad face) It was running just fine after putting the Castle in it then all of a sudden it went weird on us.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKitten View Post
I have a 2.4ghz We put a castle BEC in it and have the Holmes Mini. It will run fine then will stall before it accually goes foward. That's the best way I can describe it. We were thinking that maybe the Motor is going out? I don't know :( (sad face) It was running just fine after putting the Castle in it then all of a sudden it went weird on us.
sounds like either the BEC went bad or possibly its wired wrong. check the wiring on the bec make sure you have the red wire from the ESC either cut or pulled from the connector and try that if its already disconnected try hooking it back up to see if that fixes it. i have to run mine with a UBEC and the internal BEC in the ESC or mine glitches like that too.
joshlg06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshlg06 View Post
sounds like either the BEC went bad or possibly its wired wrong. check the wiring on the bec make sure you have the red wire from the ESC either cut or pulled from the connector and try that if its already disconnected try hooking it back up to see if that fixes it. i have to run mine with a UBEC and the internal BEC in the ESC or mine glitches like that too.

Thanks a ton I will check that for sure!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshlg06 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion we tried that and we are going to get a new ESC. The man thinks he may have fried it when he soldered it.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #19
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

He ADMITTED that to you??? Wow...you guys must be young. Us older cats woulda said something like, "yea sweetie...the flux capacitator arched over the 2.1 jigawatt ceiling...causing the shiboobity relay to dechargify at the stinkerpin junction. All in all baby...taint MYYY fault!!!"
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
RCC Addict

i ran a bec on mine and it kept stalling and then i noticed the esc was getting really hot im running a hitec 7955tg and i took the bec out and have it run off of just the internal one and i does not stall out of get hot it might be the bec or the esc is not happy with how much power ur pulling through it
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote