Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Does anyone know what body to use for scale look?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #1

Default Does anyone know what body to use for scale look?

My kids have a losi mini rock crawler and want a trail rig. But all Im finding is pretty costly rigs. These guys are pretty young for me to spend $250 on a rig. X2 lol cause if one gets a new rig...
So do you guys know any truck or jeep bodies that will fit on the mrc to make it look a little more like a scaler?
Thanks!
traxfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Try looking and posting in the 1.5 and 1.9 scale forum.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I was just looking for the same thing in the 1.9 scale section yesterday and found some info. Go to the pictures section and people usually post what their rig is and you can see the body too.
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxfan32 View Post
My kids have a losi mini rock crawler and want a trail rig. But all Im finding is pretty costly rigs. These guys are pretty young for me to spend $250 on a rig. X2 lol cause if one gets a new rig...
So do you guys know any truck or jeep bodies that will fit on the mrc to make it look a little more like a scaler?
Thanks!
not sure about a direct fit for the stock MRC, you'll have to do alot custom work in order to have the scale look.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm right there with you traxfan. But I also have a MRC and I would like to make it a bit of a scaler trail truck. Looks like there is a Hilux body from an old Nikkon rc truck that is hard to find and expensive. There is a proline Suzuki body that would have worked nicely. It is not being made anymore so it is also hard to find and expensive. Both these bodies call for major chassis modification. It sure does look like it is way more cost effective to drop $275 for a RTR Honcho. I myself just love the mini size and will keep looking for something to build a "mini honcho". But if it is just a kid toy you may want to fork over the money for a proper scaler and be done.

Here is a link to picture of what I did with some exceed Maxstone 16s (same size as the MRC). It is not exactly a scaler but it does look closer to a scaled truck than a rock buggy.exceed rc maxstone & madtorque crawler pics here Just scroll down to my posts.
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote