Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Drag brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Drag brake

At long last I've got my troubles with my CC sidewinder sorted and I now have reverse as well as forward, which helps.

As much fun as I'm having with my rig finding out just how capable a design it is and trying out different settings I have noticed that the drag brake is near to non existent. I've got it set at "Crawler 213%" (or whatever) on the esc, running Elite 2S 850 lipo on the rear axle (great battery) and the stock motor. The rig weighes in at 2lb 11oz and I can't help but think that its the stock motor that is letting the side down.

Would a Crawler Mafia or HH Torquemaster cure my problem? As always your thoughts would be gratefully received.

ps, even suprised at how well the Losi blue bashers are doing with the Crawler Innovations soft foams, they deform nicely and the grip is none too shabby, new set of shoes is on the cards too, X-locs or Rovers, as Losi refuse to release a 1.9 pin tyre.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

A better brushed motor does indeed help. The springs have a great influence on drag.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

doesnt that seem like its in the esc i run stock esc n drag brake is good id look at electronics
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I have a cc sidewinder. I am pretty particular about drag brake and cc products have always answered my call on this stuff. I think the motor is a large part of it for sure but the stock motor should give you decent drag brake at best, not non existant. It might help to get some more info about your setup. We know your esc and motor but how are you setting up stuff.

I guess my question for you would be this. After you used the CC link to update the firmware and get your settings right, did you go back in and re calibrate your radio and rx? How wide is your neutral band? After each change to your esc on Castle link are you recalibrating?
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for your replies. I'll hook up my castle link and post the settings.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote