Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRC with axial axles??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #1

Default MRC with axial axles??

So I was wondering if anyone has done this mod? or something similar to it? what were your results broken links, broken driveshafts or no power?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #2

so here are some photos of mine I just got done with the swap and took it out the other day and it did well, need to put some thread lock on a couple or bolts and nuts but other than that no issues.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #3

looks like a scx10 and is super light
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
Scale Detail Engineering

a 1:16 scale scx 10
so now the question, is it still a mrc?
or is it a axial w/a LTrail chassis?

my vote is axial/Ltrail chassis, but I like it!
will you leave the stock mrc motor?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
a 1:16 scale scx 10
so now the question, is it still a mrc?
or is it a axial w/a LTrail chassis?

my vote is axial/Ltrail chassis, but I like it!
will you leave the stock mrc motor?
Thanks Johnny, most likely I would like to upgrade to motor but it preforms great until I need it will probably stay the same. Its like my Suzuki Samurai big axles big tires great gearing over built and low power to avoid breaking things haha

Last edited by TheOgre; 04-14-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #6

Well I have been able to take it out and test and do some R&D with it with no issues only issue was the pins coming out on the Losi u-joints but that was simple to fix
Old 10-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MRC with axial axles??

Sorry to dig up this old thread but i'm thinking of doing the same thing on my MRC.
I've looked and looked and can't seem to find cheap wheel wideners, and my MRC's always belly up as soon as it's in a little angle.
Not that it's stock either, i've modded nearly everything to be more compact and close to the ground.

These JUNFAC spacers are very pricey for what they are (like 3$ worth of aluminium??) and i really dont like the fact that they will put more stress on my already weak plastic C-Hubs.

Now, RC4WD sells a complete Axial SCX10 axle for only 39,99$! (store.rc4wd.com/Axial-Locked-Axle-1_p_1620.html)
That would not only widen my wheels, but would also give me WAY stronger knuckles/c-hubs at the same time, all for the price of 2 aluminium knuckles for the MRC!

I am REALLY tempted by it. So does anyone have any "CONS" against using one ?
I know i'll have to mod the driveshafts to fit the Axial's 5mm output drive, that is no problem to me, i am the king of ghetto ass mods.

So, what's your opinions ?
daver18qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver18qc View Post
Sorry to dig up this old thread but i'm thinking of doing the same thing on my MRC.
I've looked and looked and can't seem to find cheap wheel wideners, and my MRC's always belly up as soon as it's in a little angle.
Not that it's stock either, i've modded nearly everything to be more compact and close to the ground.

These JUNFAC spacers are very pricey for what they are (like 3$ worth of aluminium??) and i really dont like the fact that they will put more stress on my already weak plastic C-Hubs.

Now, RC4WD sells a complete Axial SCX10 axle for only 39,99$! (store.rc4wd.com/Axial-Locked-Axle-1_p_1620.html)
That would not only widen my wheels, but would also give me WAY stronger knuckles/c-hubs at the same time, all for the price of 2 aluminium knuckles for the MRC!

I am REALLY tempted by it. So does anyone have any "CONS" against using one ?
I know i'll have to mod the driveshafts to fit the Axial's 5mm output drive, that is no problem to me, i am the king of ghetto ass mods.

So, what's your opinions ?
Is it for a crawler? Scaler? Cause it kinda defeats the purpose of it bein a mrc.. lol
plus, I doubt it would be comp legal, if you comp it..

But....... the XR mod or LCC mod would be a way to go for ur front axle and even the rear axle..

The other way I'm thinking, would be.. some new wheels with a wider offset.. or something that you can mount Shift hubs ( by Bc-brian) or VP hubs. Then you can get whatever off set your want, no new axles needed..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Is it for a crawler? Scaler? Cause it kinda defeats the purpose of it bein a mrc.. lol
plus, I doubt it would be comp legal, if you comp it..

But....... the XR mod or LCC mod would be a way to go for ur front axle and even the rear axle..

The other way I'm thinking, would be.. some new wheels with a wider offset.. or something that you can mount Shift hubs ( by Bc-brian) or VP hubs. Then you can get whatever off set your want, no new axles needed..
Oh no, i got absolutly no intention of doing a comp, nor is there even a club in a 400 miles radius around my house..

This is a bashing crawler, if there's such a thing...

Also, new wheels like the ones you suggest would cost me upwards of 120$ once shipped, and now what do i do with my weak plastic C-hubs ?? Still gonna break after 5min of thrashing.
The axial C's and knuckles would be a hell of an upgrade, strength-wise and would cost me about the same for 2 complete axles as new wheels.

Yeah, really leaning towards them axles now!

EDIT: I should really begin a thread of my own, but not sure you guys would appreciate the amount of ghetto mods i have

Last edited by daver18qc; 10-25-2013 at 10:32 PM.
daver18qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver18qc View Post

EDIT: I should really begin a thread of my own, but not sure you guys would appreciate the amount of ghetto mods i have

Start a thread!

20 views or 20,000 views....doesn't matter. You may help somebody.

Check out my builds if you like ghetto fab.

I built both my crawlers from scratch.

One was particularly messy since it was my first crawler. Steep learning curve on that one.....

Mary Shelley's MRC
Ugly Betty

There's info in both of them for making your own wheels out of what you have. Also knuckle weights, chassis, hybrid axles, driveshafts, etc.

All made in my garage with simple tools and local materials.

Not many people followed, or cared, but I wrote it for myself as well as my 2 or 3 biggest fans......lol.

You should do the same, and after some reading, become my 4th fan.......hahahaha
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote