Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: mrc locker question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #1

Default mrc locker question

ok so im pretty new to this but im pretty sure this shouldn't be happening. i got a losi mrc the other day and just today i got myself a pair of proline weighted titus wheels and some proline chisel tires i put them on and ran for a little bit and realized quickly that something was wrong when i got my right front tire or my left rear tire up againt anything it just stopped spinning all together and also when i spin them while the truck is in the air non of the other tires spin have i broken the locker or what is happening here?
joshlg06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #2

Update! alright i tore my axles apart and i for the problem seems ive split the stock plastic lockers right down the middle guess my new upgrades just didnt sit well with them haha looks like im gonna have to make another run to the LHS in the morning
Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah you blew the stock lockers. So upgrade to some kind of a metal one. I went with the HR ones and just installed them yesterday. But theres a couple to choose from. Also make sure you have a really really good screw driver for the lockers cuz people strip the screws or break the heads off them. Well that happened to me. and also use a soldering iron on the lil phillip screws to help loosen the locktite before the start of the rebuild... so hope that helps.
DareDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #4

Yeah I just went to get the lockers from my LHS today but all they had was the center diff locker so I picked up one of those and put the others on order i just CA glued the old lockers up for now so I can still have a lil fun while I wait :P
Old 04-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Since your MRC is new, if you do rip the head off of one of the tiny screws that hold the locker to the ring gear then just call the contact number that is in the manual and they will send you a whole new ring/pinion / locker assembly.

Thats what they did for me so now I have a few extra spare parts since all I needed was the ring gear that had the screw stuck in it.
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #6

I actually got all my screws out intact with almost no problems but I do have a really nice set of screwdrivers.... My glued lockers lasted all of 15 minutes and they were again so it looks like my crawling will be put on hold until my lockers come in :( gives me plenty of time to do some cutting on the body and a few other mods though so not all bad I guess. But anyways thanks for your help guys.