Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1/18th body dimensions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #1

Default 1/18th body dimensions

Hey guys was curious to what proper body dimensions are for a 1/18th truck? I was recently at the local walgreens and came across two toy vehicles, a H2 hummer and a F150, both are the type that you give a good push to and the trucks keeps going for a few feet but the wheels clutch out at the first sign of a bump in the road. They also came with a tow behind trailer and a boat, both were on clearance for 5 bucks a pop. They are made by Megatoys. I dont have the box to check what scale they are but here are their dimensions. Wheel base center to center is 7.25" and body width is just under 4.5". As toys go they are total crap, (my son had the hummer broke within 30mins of bashing!). But the bodies are pretty decent as far as scale looks and detail. Both are hard plastic. So I'm wondering if after some cuttin and fittin if these would fit on the Minis I have ordered.

Ps. The boats sink in the tub!
rbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #2

They will fit but they will be a bit too small in length, the MRC measures about 8.5" in length (lug nut to lug nut) 4.5" wide isn't a bad width really (mine measures about 6 3/4" from the outside edges of the tires) but like I said the length is gonna be your issue. I would just wait until your MRC comes and see how it matches up, you might be able to make it work but its gonna take a good bit of custom work.
joshlg06 is offline   Reply With Quote