Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Best 1.9 Comp Rig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Best 1.9 Comp Rig?

I've been wanting to build something new for a while that I can comp with and don't have the budget to go for a bully or other MOA 2.2 rig. I have a 2.2 AX10 with about $1600 into it....only thing stock on it is the tranny housing and of course axle housings.

Seems like the only 1.9 comp rigs I've seen are based off Losi's 1/18 MRC?

I have no experience with Losi comp rigs except for the fact that the first thing to upgrade after electronics are to HD worm gears which still need to be consistently lubed?

Are there any other options for a 1.9 comp rig?
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The Losi 1.9 use a ring and pinion drive. So you do not have to worry about the worm drive. If you go with the Pro roller, it comes with alot of the hop-up already installed. You just need to install your radio gear.
Check it out. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ro-Race-Roller
Psychomonkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
I've been wanting to build something new for a while that I can comp with and don't have the budget to go for a bully or other MOA 2.2 rig. I have a 2.2 AX10 with about $1600 into it....only thing stock on it is the tranny housing and of course axle housings.

Seems like the only 1.9 comp rigs I've seen are based off Losi's 1/18 MRC?

I have no experience with Losi comp rigs except for the fact that the first thing to upgrade after electronics are to HD worm gears which still need to be consistently lubed?

Are there any other options for a 1.9 comp rig?

I am not aware of any other out of the box crawler that meets the specs yet. Also, the Losi MRC is not worm drive. That being said the MRC is still an awesome little rig and now you can get the MRC Pro which has upgrades on it already
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I'm still loving my Maxstone 16! It says 16th scale but next to my friends Losi its the same wheel base and is has a lot of the same looking parts. Only draw backs so far are that I cannot clock the axel for more Caster. I put Rovers on mine and beat up on the neighbors losi.
If you plan on running a different chassis, motor, servo and tires for $84 maxstone is a good way to get in with out spending every dime you have. I have less than $200 i mine with a brushless system and Rovers and I can hang if not whoop losi's that I have been around. I still need to go to my first comp though so...........

heres mine before I made my tube chassis
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/...a/IMG_0109.jpg

and after I built my tuber
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/...a/IMG_0163.jpg
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/...a/IMG_0172.jpg
Dizzle Chuucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Well just still contemplating...MRC pro roller is at one hell of a price right now! Then again I really won't be comping with it as only 3 of our club guys have one lol.

But just out of curiousity do you need hardened steel gears on the MRC tranny? I know MIP shafts and over/under drive mods are popular just prefer running with no slipper.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Stock gears are fine. Don't overthink this. Back to back world championships were won with a near stock MRC Pro. Just get it before the price goes back up.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I just purchased a MRC Pro roller last week and when my dad saw it he had me order one for him too. They are very impressive in person. Hard to beat for the price. I also picked up a used MRC that has a ton of mods (RTR minus radio).

Now I'm playing the waiting game on parts.
Omega-Tron is offline   Reply With Quote