Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My MRC Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My MRC Pro

Hello guys !

a month ago, I decided to try a comp rig. I have had a nice SCX10 Dingo and I wanted to buy a XR but the numerous parts I had to buy to make it quickly competitive and running soon drove me to the MRC.
RC rock crawling isn't very well known in my little island (French West Indies, carribean area) but my goal is to raise a small group of passionate crawlers and to really accomplish that, I thought that a great looking crawler could get my fellow hobbyists (helis & planes) to try it.
In my quest, I felt on a complete new kit on ebay to start building a great mini. So, I won the bidding and Friday, my kit arrived home.

- MRC Pro roller
- DX3S Spektrum + 3300 receiver
- Xcelorin esc & brushless motor
- Losi servos
- Losi batteries & charger

An hour after, I had it running but without body shell. On Sunday, I tried my first body painting and I'll try to post here the results.
CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The mountain of upgrades for the XR do make it look like alot to take in.
I am getting a MRC,but already have the XR. I did it backwards.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Here are the pictures :

Inside of the beast =>

After the body painting, poser shots =>

Another one =>

Upside view =>

A few new parts are on the way (Chassis, servo, aluminium upgrades, tires and perhaps wheels )...

Stay tuned
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

How do you like it out of the box?
Looks great. I got a pro on the way.
It for my daughter, she wants it painted pink.
I dont want to run a pink MRC, I'll have to just paint it and tell her it came that way.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

run the pink rig guys would hate to lose to a pink rig
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Out fo the box, it's a great little machine ! Though, it absolutely deserves a better servo than the one I'm using. It looks pretty solid but the ends of the shocks can somewhat annoy as they have a tendency to fall off on huge receptions or strong crawling. The Losi claws are cool but need to get on the rocks a certain time to offer the grip we like. I forgot to add that I had lower links on the way too ;)....
Old 06-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

As promised the lil' beast is being upgraded :

After testing it a bit with a Losi servo on my sofa, I soon understood It deserved a nice strong servo to get rid of any obstacle and I copied Rubbaneck's model : Spektrum A6030

Good to go, I thought why not copying the rest and went aluminum to add weight and thickness

Zero Ackerman style...

I took the opportunity to reverse front shocks hehe

What about gaining some high clearance going BWD ?

It missed seven league boots to jump rock after rock and I found that Rovers could make the deal :

to be continued...
Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

mmmm, nothing like the fresh smell of new rovers in the morning! Looks great man
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #9

why the inverted front shocks?
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

As Rubbaneck said, it adds weight on the front axle which is good on tough climbing ! Same reason to have battery there, weighted wheels and so on... I noticed that the rig's weight changed a lot but it can almost stiff walls...
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXX View Post
why the inverted front shocks?
The idea there is to lower the COG (center of Gravity) by moving the heaviest part to be lower.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #12

How do you feel about mounting that servo with only the 2 bottom screws? Does it hold it pretty securely? I didn't realize a 1/10 servo's mounting holes wouldn't fit without filing or grinding them out.
ohdeeuhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

The bottom holes fit fine, but yeah a tiny bit of grind to make the tops fit.
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I read a post a week or two ago where a fellow mounted a HR set of servo mounts that offered the 4 screws to hold the 1/10 servo. I'm thinking about trying that as I noticed that my spektrum (same as Rubba's) was so powerful that it lightly lifted up on steering. I don't know if anyone noticed that too. I'm waiting before ordering these servo mounts as I'm waiting on a CF servo plate and want to see if the setting is the same.
About the spektrum, I'd like to ask Rubba if his always "sings" or "crackles" while working ?
I'm still waiting for a mini-juice chassis (lost somewhere in a US post or a french one - my country - ) but decided to go on a bodied version while doing so...
A lil' bug is on the way so stay tuned !!!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

A lil' update to wait for the final product...

Many new MRC pros owners will get that problem with their batteries on axles styles, especially if they drop to the full size servo option : Tires rub the sides of the battery or the servo while steering !!!
From some experience, mine or others here, you've got two ways to get rid of that :
1- program your Tx and abandon the full zero ackerman stance or
2- add some wideners (Junfac ones seem to do the trick well).

After some wheel "dremeling", I began enjoying full zero ackerman on my lines . Plus, it adds some bling to the little fun truck...

And as promised, I gave my MRC the new love ...

Still have to trim that wonderful body but I'm waiting for my tools (scissors and reamer)...

A few things in the mail to come so stay tuned guys !!!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #16

very nice i just got mine a couple days ago and sofar i have a losi frenzy motor in it with a tekin b1-r and im running a costum nimh pack while i wait for my lipos. stock tires but i run on a high incline area with a limited number of rocks so i put it in 1/2 droop with mini-t front springs all around soft in back medium in rear its not to bad but i need to get bent lower links and i need to figure something out to hold the top of the shocks on the ball studs because all the articulation pops them of if it lands too hard on something so either limit the articulation or use a screw to hold em on idk. hope you enjoy your mrc
mambabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambabear View Post
very nice i just got mine a couple days ago and sofar i have a losi frenzy motor in it with a tekin b1-r and im running a costum nimh pack while i wait for my lipos. stock tires but i run on a high incline area with a limited number of rocks so i put it in 1/2 droop with mini-t front springs all around soft in back medium in rear its not to bad but i need to get bent lower links and i need to figure something out to hold the top of the shocks on the ball studs because all the articulation pops them of if it lands too hard on something so either limit the articulation or use a screw to hold em on idk. hope you enjoy your mrc
Sounds good.

1-reread your post, you don't differentiate what springs you are running (you say "rear" twice)
2-Punctuation is free on this forum, use a little more, please?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #18

wow i respect your opinion but its the internet if i was writing you a letter it would be different i would be 100x more precise with my writing. btw soft up front medium in the rear
Old 07-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambabear View Post
wow i respect your opinion but its the internet if i was writing you a letter it would be different i would be 100x more precise with my writing. btw soft up front medium in the rear
LOL: I would expect the opposite, more precise in public and sloppy in private.

I use the rear mini-T springs on mine, silvers (soft) in front and green (medium) in the rear. I like the longer springs so I don't need to use massive pre-load.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #20

well, i used the front springs so i can have a somewhat droop setup if you want to call it that. instead of pen springs i use mini-t ones. it works fine for my applications but if i need more height i would use my rear mini-t springs but i put 5 packs through this setup around my house and at a hill down the street that is hard packed dirt with a few jagged ledges to climb up. the mrc performed well but i think i could tune it to be a little bit better im not very good at this stuff but ill keep trying.