Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: BWD Mini Wedge with Dub Topper build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

after some careful sizing and burr work, the metric brake line material fits over the lcc axles. it has a slightly larger ID (4.7mm) versus the 4.27mm off the tubing that I had used for 8/32 rod sleeving. it has about a 6.2mm OD and fits the mrc axle cases perfectly, leaving you the chance to run the large LCC shafts and still keep that pesky overdriven diff meshing happily with the Traxxas pinion. it also keeps the case halves in line when you use the DLUX LCC mounts and no setscrews in it. no chance of overlap.

my diff locker "quick fix" worked. I had removed the two different manufacturer (RC and HR probably) lockers in the rig and one was much beefier than the other. I am going to assume the RCBros was better. I gently took a 1/16" end punch to the locker while it was in a vice, with the axle inside of it facing backwards (locker inside facing up, axle with stub facing up) as to not overtighten the hole. Gently (at a medium paaaaace?) hammered the punch as to move the four corners of the aluminum locker towards the wallowed ends putting a tight grip on the axle end. I had to be careful to not mushroom up the material or it would not fit into the locker (gear side, where the mrc "pinhole" alignment hole is for the mrc axle) but I filed it down to fit afterwards. this tightened the locker up to better than new shape, but it might weaken it or open back up, because you cant get to all the mating surface material this way. It still worked like a charm, for free.

re-routing of all the electrical parts is next, getting it lined up for the last comp of the summer season.
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

done some serious electrics re-routing and mounting. got the esc by the trans, the rx,bec, on the front links,no bind or loss of articulation. small 450 Gens ace battery on rear upper mount, far forward as possible.
Attached Images

ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote