Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Tekin Fxr vs B1r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #1

Default Tekin Fxr vs B1r

I just bought a new motor (reedy stump puller) And now i was thinking aboat buying a new ESC, I looked on the tekin FXR and B1r.
The B1r is much cheaper, but is it good?
I guess the only difference is the programming options. Or am I wrong?
LurpeBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Im in the same spot you are.
I have decided on a motor, just cant choose what esc I want.
I like the B1R cause of the size.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurpeBE View Post
I just bought a new motor (reedy stump puller) And now i was thinking aboat buying a new ESC, I looked on the tekin FXR and B1r.
The B1r is much cheaper, but is it good?
I guess the only difference is the programming options. Or am I wrong?

Almost exactly the same ESC..... biggest diffrence between FXR and B1R is the internal bec.

Many Top Drivers are going to the B1r since they use external BEC's anyway.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I just had a B1R burn up on me. Got into a little bind and while trying to work through it, the FETs just couldn't handle it, let all the magic smoke out. Just went back to a FXR, don't think I'll go back. My $.02.
onespeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i've been through 4 B1-r's with problems and had them all replaced by Tekin, my bad luck probably. put in an FXR and have not had a problem since, and my MRC finally runs right. got a mini torque master when they were still available and i hope it lasts forever, awesome combo.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
5th D Owner/Driver

Cant go wrong with either the FXR or Mamba Micro Pro.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
i've been through 4 B1-r's with problems and had them all replaced by Tekin, my bad luck probably. put in an FXR and have not had a problem since, and my MRC finally runs right. got a mini torque master when they were still available and i hope it lasts forever, awesome combo.

just wondering, were you using a x-ternal bec or the one in the esc???
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

B1R......small and powerful....just make sure you use the external capacitor
bquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by onespeeder View Post
I just had a B1R burn up on me. Got into a little bind and while trying to work through it, the FETs just couldn't handle it, let all the magic smoke out. Just went back to a FXR, don't think I'll go back. My $.02.
same as above

were you using a x-ternal bec or the one in the esc???
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Not used a BoneR (!) but I run an FX-R combined with a holmes mini torquemaster (22T and 33T). Works superbly, especially with the hotwire link for tweaking the settings. ALways use an external BEC too.
Love the FX-R. and its pretty small. I use a SR3500 RX, which is tiny, so next the FX-R they take up little space (both fit in the cab of my mini juice).
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I have used a CC BEC for years now on all my trucks. It insures that I get 6V to my servo and doesn't put any sort of drain on the ESC, so it can do what it is best at, supplying the juice to my motor.
onespeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaruki View Post
just wondering, were you using a x-ternal bec or the one in the esc???
Quote:
Originally Posted by onespeeder View Post
I have used a CC BEC for years now on all my trucks. It insures that I get 6V to my servo and doesn't put any sort of drain on the ESC, so it can do what it is best at, supplying the juice to my motor.
i also use a cc bec on all my rigs, the mini was my first experience with glitching from not enough power from a mongoose esc and learned then what an external bec does. Tekin never told me what happened to the B1r so i don't know why they went bad
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquin View Post
B1R......small and powerful....just make sure you use the external capacitor
I got a B1R a few weeks ago and has been working well for me so far with the stock motor and Hitec 645MG servo. I'm not running an external BEC.

However I did notice it came with that big capacitor. But in the install instructions it doesn't mention what to do with it...
Any suggestions on what I solder it to?
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getrag View Post
I got a B1R a few weeks ago and has been working well for me so far with the stock motor and Hitec 645MG servo. I'm not running an external BEC.

However I did notice it came with that big capacitor. But in the install instructions it doesn't mention what to do with it...
Any suggestions on what I solder it to?
Solder it to your positive and negative posts...the ones that come in from your battery wires.You need it. It will definitely extend the life of that esc.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

i have both

MRC gc2
-tekin fxr
-insane 370 motor
-futabu 59551

race roller MRC pro
-mamba micro pro
-HH torque master/now losi mini-s motor
-JR z590m

havnt had any issues with out running a external bec. i like how both setups have very little wire(very clean) take up very little space witch is need being that space is very limited on both gc2 and pro chassis.

electronics wise the best performance as far as power, smoothness, and agility is going to have to go with the gc2 set up. dont get me wrong the pro crawls amazing but i think it can do better with the electronics my gc2 has

as far as b1r gos i here they only work well with mini servos... that dont cut it for me. i really like not having more wires running around for a external bec. i have enough of that with my 3 comp rigs. id rather keep my mini's simple
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #16

Thanks for all replies
I gonna buy a b1r, was gonna use an external bec anyway
And i will buy the capacitor with it
LurpeBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurpeBE View Post
Thanks for all replies
I gonna buy a b1r, was gonna use an external bec anyway
And i will buy the capacitor with it
cap. comes with!

I love my B1R its small and it pretty easy to adjust once you learn the two buttons! it gets warm after about 35- 30 min of running my mini tourqe master on a 2s lipo but never too hot, its a great little esc!

IMO the fxr is over kill for this rig! the B1R has no 380 size motor limint.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino925 View Post
i have both

MRC gc2
-tekin fxr
-insane 370 motor
-futabu 59551

race roller MRC pro
-mamba micro pro
-HH torque master/now losi mini-s motor
-JR z590m

havnt had any issues with out running a external bec. i like how both setups have very little wire(very clean) take up very little space witch is need being that space is very limited on both gc2 and pro chassis.

electronics wise the best performance as far as power, smoothness, and agility is going to have to go with the gc2 set up. dont get me wrong the pro crawls amazing but i think it can do better with the electronics my gc2 has

as far as b1r gos i here they only work well with mini servos... that dont cut it for me. i really like not having more wires running around for a external bec. i have enough of t.hat with my 3 comp rigs. id rather keep my mini's simple
What you have heard is incorrect about the servo size my friend.....JR 8711 on my mini..........zero issues, bec wired thru the rx...
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

i dont doubt u have zero issues with an external BEC wired up. but for my personal preference i like not having extra wire and hard wear to have place for. id rather have a esc that has a good enough internal to handle it all. but thats just me. true it may seem like over kill but b1r's are roughly $55-$60 depending where u get it. a ccBEC is like $21-$23, FXR is $99. i guess im paying and extra $20 more or less for cleanliness. might not be for everyone but to me its worth it

these are old pics from an old set up but its just to kinda show how i have mine. ill take better pics later but this is what i have for now.
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #20

I have only run Tekin ESC from the 80's to the present. burned up a couple 4-20s in my drag car but that was along time ago before 1700's come out aka the (purple cells) i have now a used FXR and no problems at all Tekin is pretty good about replacements. my thoughts the are the top of the line hands down ESC and motors
Dougie67 is offline   Reply With Quote