Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: xcelorin issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default xcelorin issues

hey guys, this is my first post. i got a mrc pro and was trying to get it to run.

my specs:

xcelorin 18.5t combo
losi 600 mah lipo
hitec 605mg
hitec hfs-03mc rx
hitec lynx fm tx

the steering works fine but no throttle, no leds light up on esc, when first connected all 4 leds where flashing but now nothing. any ideas? i had the hitec stuff from a car 9 yrs ago when i left the hobby.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

1-Did you try calibrating the ESC to the RX? Normally you need to set throttle trim to "0", EPA's to 100% before calibration.
2-If you did one, try plugging the ESC into the steering port on the RX, see if the ESC works by "steering".

This will narrow down the issue area.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #3

Yea.. Same thing happened to me. You have to calibrate it to your radio. I thought I had a DOA
generem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the help, I got it going. I still have alot to learn.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
DVD

DK, I am setting up nearly the same rig right now (MRC Pro, xcelorin, etc.). I was trying to mount the xcelorin motor last night and am having some alignment issues, both with the motor and the pinion. Did you use the motor mount screws and pinion that came with the MRC Pro? If so, any issues with that? Does the pinion line up properly with the spur gear (not the mesh, but left-to-right)? On mine, it seemed like only part of the pinion was going to line up with the spur gear, with the rest of it hanging off the side.

Thanks, DVD
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
RCC Addict

My Xcelorin dropped in with no hassles at all. Are you trying to follow the illustration in the "manual"? It won't work, the set screw must be on the motor plate side of the pinion not forward. Then you must be sure the pinion's shaft sits within the motor openning in the plate.

I used the supplied screws washers and split washers. It all went together effortlessly.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
My Xcelorin dropped in with no hassles at all. Are you trying to follow the illustration in the "manual"? It won't work, the set screw must be on the motor plate side of the pinion not forward. Then you must be sure the pinion's shaft sits within the motor openning in the plate.

I used the supplied screws washers and split washers. It all went together effortlessly.
Thanks, I'll give it another try tonight. It seemed like when I tried to use both washers there was not enough thread to grab the motor through the plate. I guess I just didn't try hard enough

DVD
Old 06-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
DVD

I got it all set up last night. I ended up having the same issue as the OP but quickly got that resolved, thanks again to this post. I took it out for a test drive on my backyard course and....Oh my gosh! This thing is a hundred times better than the RTR MRC! And to think that I paid less to put this one together than what I paid for the bind-n-drive. TOTALLY worth it!