Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mini Crawler Pro Build Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #1

Default Mini Crawler Pro Build Suggestions

I just picked up a micro a couple days ago and quickly decided to move into the MINI ROCK CRAWLER PRO arena. Even from the extensive youtube vids and general googling I've done, I have yet to find a good recipe for a reliable build from the ground up. I want to build a crawler that doesn't need a bunch of upgrades later. That being said, I don't want to just dump hundreds into the thing just because I can. There has to be proven parts that dosen't brake the bank and I figured I'd come here to ask.

So far, I've noticed the best price on a roller is at the popular auction site ending in "bay" $210 free shipping. (if you know where I can get a new roller cheaper, please shout out!)

I watched Jake Wright's vid on youtube and figured on getting a 1/18 xcelorin combo but again, you might know of a better alternative. Any ideas on a steering servo? Do I need a BEC?

I already have the 2.4ghz radio that came with the micro but will that be enough? Not sure if it's a 2 channel or if I even need a 2 channel.

One last question, can you put dig on this thing?!

Any and all help would be appreciated. TIA!

FOXX
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #2

Ultimate hobbies has the race roller for $65 on sale right now. The store in Orange, ca had about 12 in stock.
dadgummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

$210 shipped on the bay is real high. I've seen them go regularly on there lately for about $82 shipped. A good 'ol cheap Hitec 645mg or 5645mg will do great for the servo, no BEC required with either. If you go higher in torque, you will need a BEC. Rubbaneck's thread gives awesome setup info, give it a good read and you'll have a good starting point. Welcome to the world of minis, you're gonna love it!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote