Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRC Pro/Hitech HS-645MG servo issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #1

Default MRC Pro/Hitech HS-645MG servo issues

I'm surprised to find nothing on this topic since the 645 is such a popular servo for the Pro. In a nutshell, the stock arm is too short and the long arm lacks the balls to make the exchange simple. Ackerman would roll over in his grave if he saw my car! It barely turns to the left but plenty to the right.

What's the fix on this? I'm sure the answer to this will help many people in the future. I've looked at countless pics to see how others have their cars set up but I've found nothing as of yet that is of any help to me. What do you do when YOU get a pro and upgrade to the 645? Is there a set of balls I can buy to use in the longer arm that came with the Pro kit? I'm surprised it didn't come with some!

Also, I've had another question burning me up for a long time now. How do you keep the servo from burning up when you max out your steering? Is there a parameter you can set or something to keep it from trying to go farther than the car can turn? Does this make sense?

This might seem simple to some but this is my first build, hell, it's my first RC! Help!
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
RCC Addict

You need to pop the pivot balls out of the short arm and install them in the long arm.

You can control the travel of the servo by using the EPA (end point adjustment) function of your radio. Sometimes it's called travel.

That servo is popular because it's cheap not because it's good.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #3

Yea. U have to swap the balls from the stock to the long arm and also... I normally center the servo when installed on the rig so I can see how to mount the horn while the wheels are as centered as possible. I've used the 645 on many different cars. I like it not because it's cheap but because it's so reliable

Good luck

Last edited by generem; 06-26-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
generem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
5th D Owner/Driver

Take the horn off, power up the servo, reinstall the horn with the wheels as straight as possible and set your trim from there. As far as the pivot balls you need to take them off the shorter arm and put them in the longer one.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

i just did this yesterday, the stock arm is pretty soft so it wont snap when you pop the balls out. its really easy but i did the same thing as you did and installed with the short arm and it sucked then i realized it needed the longer are that comes in the box.
the other 2.2 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #6

Awesome. It worked great. Thanks for the help everybody! I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I'm just getting into this stuff.

So, it turns out the MRC Pro is set up pretty sweet. I don't have experience with the normal MRC but I'm guessing it's nothing close to this. I took it out for the first time a couple days ago and I'm amazed at what it can do. I could only imagine what a XR10 or a Berg can do! I've studied vids on youtube and those machines are pretty sick!
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote