Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: new mrc pro questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default new mrc pro questions

Im new to this board and new to crawling. I have solid axle monsters but at the mrc pro price I had to get one. I had some MT stuff laying around and just threw it in it for now but would like something better as it cogs.

I have the losi stock motor, hpi sc-15 esc, gens ace 800mah 2s lipo, 9kg 1/10 servo (way overkill lol) and 2.4 system. I got this truck to see if I would like crawling and so far I do although for a truly fair judgment I feel that I should probably get some crawler specific stuff. Is this whats causing cogging? Since I am only trying crawling I don't need or want the best, just something made for it.

Would a stock losi mini esc be fine?

Right now my servo rubs the left (top down view) tire when my throw isn't even that cranked, do all 1/10 servos rub? I would prefer to stick with a 1/10, just no rub Would it be better with a mini servo?

Thanks.
Manfjourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Non-sensored BL motors cog in a crawler application. This is a fact of life.
Either go sensored (may need to change ESC) or run brushed (hard to find brushed motors now.....I got my MRC Pro not too long ago and had a PITA finding a brushed motor in stock....or go the "bling" route for ~$60 for a motor)

1/10th servos will rub, either get used to it, or do a servo mount that centers the servo on the front axle.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #3

possibly get a slimmer style servo? the stock ax10 scorpions and many more are more slim and have a less deep case that will help take care of some of the rubbing.. cheaper to just center teh servo though lol
dschaetzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys. I am just planning on brushed for now. Maybe it's not cogging (first crawler so not sure) but it doesn't seem to go very well at low speeds. I give it a little throttle and it slightly moves and before I know it it is going about top speed. I will check those servos out. Do mini servos perform fine or better off 1/10?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Check settings in the TX & ESC. You may have exponential dialed in or a throttle curve in the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfjourde View Post
Thanks guys. I am just planning on brushed for now. Maybe it's not cogging (first crawler so not sure) but it doesn't seem to go very well at low speeds. I give it a little throttle and it slightly moves and before I know it it is going about top speed. I will check those servos out. Do mini servos perform fine or better off 1/10?
1/10 with obviously give you more torque and take the abuse of the smaller rig a LOT better than a mini servo. although dont get a cheap plastic gear 1/10 servo vs a mini high torque digital MG servo lol. just depends on the servo really. i get my mrc pro tuesday and have this shallow axial servo and plan on using it and was just suggesting it.
dschaetzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info guys. I'll double check that on the tx but I'm thinking no because its a simple fly sky 2.4. Let me know how you like that axial servo my friend! The one I have now is metal geared 9kg, plenty beefy haha.

What esc are you running?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Okay so I have tested another 1/10 servo and it doesn't seem to be the problem with the jerkiness. The mrc jerks and lurches and then it goes smooth but full speed. Do you think the ESC is making it not able to creep since it is not a crawler specific esc?

Here is a vid that I shot quick so you can see what it's doing, advice and help would be awesome, thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg5wnL8Ie1A
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Hey Guys thought I would chime in with a question since you were talking about servo's. I just got a MRCP and I am going to use it for mainly mud drag. I am going to use a mini servo. Which HiTec MG ones drop right in no problem. Thanx
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote