Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Most common broken parts on MRC Pro?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #1

Default Most common broken parts on MRC Pro?

I can tell already that I'll most likely break some parts in the future. What should I gear myself up with? What are the most common broken parts on these? I'm guessing the front axles are pretty weak where they attach at the ball part. They look very thin and fragile. I got mine into a bind a couple days ago when I took it out for the first time and luckily I have the stock Losi motor or I'm sure something would've snapped!

On a side note, how do I stop the rig on an incline? It seems to slowly crawl when no power is applied. I'd like to be able to stop and study my lines without it moving. As I mentioned above, I have the stock Losi motor. I also have the Tekin B1R ESC and I've messed around with the settings and still no luck. I can slow the roll but not totally stop it just yet. Is it the motor that's allowing it to happen or am I just overlooking a parameter on the ESC?
FWIW I have a Hitech 645 and not running a BEC.
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #2

im pretty sure the b1-r has a drag break feature which is what your looking for it will apply brake at neutral allowing you to stop on a incline. theres 11 steps of drag brake if my memory serves on the b1-r as far as the b1 i have no idea but im sure they are along the same lines. im using a b1-r with a losi insane motor for the mini lst i hear its a good setup i havnt gotten it yet but i will send you a pm when i figure out the drag break on my esc
mambabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #3

sorry for making 2 posts but i checked and th b1r has drag brake according to tekins website also form reviews i heard 30% drag brake is perfect for 2.2 rigs so i would start there and see if you need more or less. the manual should have a chart or something to show how to get to the programming section using the escs buttons then how to adjust settings.
mambabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambabear View Post
sorry for making 2 posts but i checked and th b1r has drag brake according to tekins website also form reviews i heard 30% drag brake is perfect for 2.2 rigs so i would start there and see if you need more or less. the manual should have a chart or something to show how to get to the programming section using the escs buttons then how to adjust settings.
I tried the minimal setting which was practically none at all, then I maxed it out which helped but still creeps on an incline. I wonder if the motor makes a difference?

I have the B1R
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You can also tighten up the pinion/spur gear mesh a bit. Also a heavier motor brush spring.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I don't quite think the axle is any danger of getting loose. Those upper links, lower links and shocks all share the force applied to the axle. I think you'll broke the chassis upper link mounts before doing anything to axle.

Check out my build thread for underside chassis protection, where the carbon-fiber gets damaged and crack, I made an easy mod to guard the chassis and prevent any damage.
Boneybone is offline   Reply With Quote