Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Lazy's center mount servo modd for the mrc pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Lazy's center mount servo modd for the mrc pro

so ive been reading alot of people wanting to center mount their full size servo. due to tire rub or just to do it. i center mounted mine on the stock mrc pro servo plate. im not good at describing things but here i go...
first i cut off the under part of the plate that keeps the battery velcro strap on. then took a 3mm or 1/8 drill bit and drill and enlarged the slit by moving the plate across the bit or this could be done with a dremil.
then after attaching the servo mounts to the servo (i dont know the make of these mounts as they were in my parts drawler, possibly hpi), measured the mounts and on the servo plate to mount the servo too...i also set the servo farther back than the stock postition.
i didnt use the supplied servo arm as i used a dynamite metal arm and attached the short draglink to the mrc's right/passenger side and inside of the arm. i have ran this setup for a few packs and also some of the kids that i race the go-fast with with no problems. i also have full steering...
and alot of pics!!!

hope this helps out the fellow mrc peeps!!
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Pretty darn clever!

I might use this on my MRC Pro, was thinking something to get rid of rubbing and this seems pretty simple and loks like it just works.

Thank you for sharing brother!

Btw what are those springs from?
Boneybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneybone View Post
Pretty darn clever!

I might use this on my MRC Pro, was thinking something to get rid of rubbing and this seems pretty simple and loks like it just works.

Thank you for sharing brother!

Btw what are those springs from?
thanks man. it works great! ive learned quite abit of having to modd parts or just make parts from scratch on my creeper. as for the springs, im not sure where they came from. i has at my friends house driving it around and we were talking on how stiff the rig was. so he dug through his parts box and gave me those along with some others that were to small to fit the shock. i think they may have been from his mini lst???
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote