Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: AXIALJEEPSTERS new to mrc MJ COMP BUILD.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
ahhh S^*T

Default AXIALJEEPSTERS new to mrc MJ COMP BUILD.

hello rcc members.

I wanted to share this with who ever might be interested. about a month ago I was trolling the wanted adds and ended up posting my own wanted add in regards to trading a scale truggy chassis for an MRC. well, I ended up getting my first one from Robotboy in the for sale section (not a trade), then I had my first offer from my wanted post... couldnt say no, I traded my Jero build for a very built MRC moonbuggy rig that was very well built. wasnt happy yet....

THEN, I got another offer, this time even better, although I didnt have the chassis anymore to trade, I did have another one.. so, I ended up with 3 MRC comp rigs and a whole set of axles and trans, pretty much 4 rigs.

all the other ones are now scale jeeps, I remain with this one comp truck, its the mini juice and i like the look of the fastback chassis.

when i first saw "WINNERONE23's" mini juice chassis he sent a pic of to me on my phone, i was jealous. I needed one, NOW.. so, I got lucky and received this!!

I built it further, new wheels and tires, CI foams and weighted wheels for now. also added a CC BEC wired into a CC micro pro esc running a Crawler mafia 18t motor on 3s 1300 45c lipo. (fast as hell) good low end also. batetry is a bit large tho.

then I added MIP shafts and an airtronics 94780 servo.

its got rcbros hi-steer knuckles and OTA ti-rod, CVD's, derlin links, BWD motor plate, alum tranny gears, OD mod, pro shocks, alum hubs and rear LO's, Junfac red winders around and red rovers. weight is at about 2lb 8 oz's

works well!! I do plan on working this rig over.. so this thread will be updated as I tear it down. thanks for looking!!

AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: AXIALJEEPSTERS new to mrc MJ COMP BUILD.

Bad a$$ Ryan! Looks sweet! It will make it better when you take the rear wideners off.. an mail them to me!... Lol... It's a sweet rig to run! Watch running ur 18t on 3s thru the cc micro... I maybe wrong but just like a fx-r on 3s you should run anything past a 35t.. my 33t HH smoked so I put a 17t brood anarchy in mine, an the esc,mamba micro pro, just quit on me.. now I'm waiting for the sidewinder micro back from castle now an I have to send the mmp back to them! I think it was the mmp that smoked my HH an I was using the micro before that! Thinking the fx-r in my moa is goin in the mrc..

I have done a lot to mine since you saw it.. keep up the great work an don't forget to send me them wheel wideners..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Great build. For what it is worth that battery is massive. A lot of us are running the 325's. For futzing around that is pretty small but for a 5 minute comp run 325 is alright.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I use a 240mah 3s! And get around 10 minutes on it
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
ahhh S^*T

thanks for the input guys.. thing is I will not comp this, there is no comp around here within 100 miles, and i lost my license so no travel for me

I just ride around in the yard and take it to the beach with me on weekends, camping trips to the hills, you know...

and about running 3s on the MP.. I have been for awhile now in 3 rigs and it doesnt even get warm, the motor get a tiny bit warm thats all, nuthin over 120 degrees im sure... I hear a lot about the HH mini motors smoking.. whats with that? I have the 18 and 17t CM motor and these things are super fast and have great low end. all about the BEC i think and your safe.

i do have a few 500mah 2s that fit well if i ever comp this thing, its def worthy of one!!

whats the best "SHOCK" setup for my rig??
Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

That truck looks great. The shock setup is going to be personal preference. On my mini im running pink mini-t springs on front and right rea. With a orange mini-t on left rear (like you have) with 30w oil.
Whats the track width on your truck? But i guess it doesnt matter if you dont plan on comping Looks good

Last edited by billj; 08-14-2012 at 04:57 AM.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

another member of the no travel for me club.. sweet! (Not) I'm a member...
Ok.. what's the gear ratio you run on ur 17-18t motors then? Cause I haven had anything but bad luck with esc's, bec, an motors... The cheapo tacon brushless with a quark esc has lasted longer then two cc esc,2 cc bec an a HH motor.. so ill be trying my 3rd cc esc, running a novak bec an The brood...
As for shock setup, um not done, my rears are limited internally, an running silver losi mini sct spring, for more of a setup like my creeper.. just a touch of flex in the back, an single hole piston up front with 25wgt oil all around...
What is ur track width? Im still interested..

Last edited by winnerone23; 08-14-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
RCC Addict

for shocks it all depends on you, like mine i have my fronts in semi-droop with 5mm limits on the outside with 3 hole piston and 40wt oil, with some pen springs lol. my rears have mini-t red springs with 40 wt oil limited 8mm inside and 5 mm outside and a 1 hole piston in the left rear and 2 hole piston in the right rear. it works for me and they way i drive.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #9
ahhh S^*T

ok, so on the above 2 posts mentioned subject.. when i got this thing, the shocks were limited more than halfway, I took my other bin shocks that were not limited at all and threw them on instead, sprung rear half droop, and full droop front, seems to work really well but I have not much experience with these mrc's and setup so i dont really know what 'Working well" is yet....

whats the point in that limiting stuff? you want less articulation??

thanks!!

and Troy, i run 62t spur 12t pinion with the 17, 18 and the 21t motors i have used, switch from 2s to 3s and it all works good for me, fast and good slow, leaps off things well!! backflips off tree trunks, cheating obstickles by skipping right over them and I havent had a problem, I run the CM (Crawler mafia) motors and love them, i think they are a handwound where the HH arent????

Im almost thinking about doner-ing this for another MRC scaler, it has such well built drivetrain it would make a killer little jeep.. I wish there were comps closer.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I dunno then.. I haven had anything but problems with the cc stuff since I started the mrc venture.. two esc's an a bec.. now a motor! All from the cc esc's... I believe anyways.. all wired the same as my other rigs an never a problem... I'm running fx-r in everything else.. my gearing was 66/12.. so I should have been way good with the 3s An the motor.. I dunno.. that mmp has been chit luck since I got it.. first time I wired it, started running it, I noticed a puff of smoke an the light brown wire had the casing melted right off of it! It was won at a comp so I would have had to pay for it anyway, so I liquid taped it an it ran fine since, prolly still the same problem.. pulled it for the sidewinder micro an never even got the mrc on The ground.. it smoked itself an the bec.. possibly part of the reason the HH smoked later.. I dunno.. I'm getting ur motor an the new micro an trying again! Trial an error...
Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
ahhh S^*T

are you cutting your red wire from esc to rx when running a BEC? maybe running to much volts to your rx?

I wire the BEC straight onto the battery wire with the plug on the esc and cut the red wire for the esc's bec to shut it down, the max volts rating is about 6.5 on my rx...so i set the bec to 6.2 volts. thats odd that it melted a wire sheath off, makes me think it was plugged in backwards or too many volts?? I dont know either thats crazy. good it still worked tho

I just fried a brand new B1R and all i did was plug in the battery. so i know how it goes, everything seems right but shit still goes airy.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

If the max volts is 6.5 how does a 2s work without a bec, I didn't have a bec when the micro fried an the red wire was out of the esc of the mmp with a bec @ 6v when it went... Beats me... It was plugged in right when the wire coating melted off..
Old 08-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #13
E.Y. Designs

Yes I cut the red wire.. I was having issues with it until I cut it and then it was fine... BTW nice looking crawler
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
ahhh S^*T

thanks.

did I mean 7.5? not sure.. sry.

I dont know man prolly just chit luck? things will get better I promise .. your package will cheer you up
Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
ahhh S^*T

some new pics, went down to Concrete Wa. to the car show and took the rigs up to lake shannon with the ol'lady!! she had a blast and so did I, she didnt know how much she would like it till she tried it!

just got her a new MRC pro, she is painting it pink, I will start another thread on that, Im hooked on minis now, I have hers that came in mail fri. now I have 2 more PRO's coming. bought every one in the classifieds shhh....

also have 2 LCC's coming. OMG help me.

hers is the lil blue one. have a bug body coming for it!!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Help you say... I have a rtr on the way I traded for an a comp ready one with lcc chubs knuckles shafts an knuckle weights! Which I traded a mini summit for.. so two built, two on the way an parts, an a scale chassis for a fifth one laying around... lol... which is good cause now it's not just electronics. Lost a tranny gear today... hahahaha...

Last edited by winnerone23; 08-20-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

Dude you need to blow that thing off with some compressed air or something, that thing's dusty as hell.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Why is it so dusty! It's a rock Crawler not a foff! What happen to the Rover's!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialJeepster View Post
ok, so on the above 2 posts mentioned subject.. when i got this thing, the shocks were limited more than halfway, I took my other bin shocks that were not limited at all and threw them on instead, sprung rear half droop, and full droop front, seems to work really well but I have not much experience with these mrc's and setup so i dont really know what 'Working well" is yet....

whats the point in that limiting stuff? you want less articulation??

thanks!!
yes that is the point of limiting the shocks. out of the box they articulate to much and works against forward movement, it also helps to lower the COG.
even the threaded upgraded shocks benefit from being limited. read other build posts lots limit their shocks.

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 08-23-2012 at 10:00 PM.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

I like that a lot. Looks really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialJeepster View Post
hello rcc members.

I wanted to share this with who ever might be interested. about a month ago I was trolling the wanted adds and ended up posting my own wanted add in regards to trading a scale truggy chassis for an MRC. well, I ended up getting my first one from Robotboy in the for sale section (not a trade), then I had my first offer from my wanted post... couldnt say no, I traded my Jero build for a very built MRC moonbuggy rig that was very well built. wasnt happy yet....

THEN, I got another offer, this time even better, although I didnt have the chassis anymore to trade, I did have another one.. so, I ended up with 3 MRC comp rigs and a whole set of axles and trans, pretty much 4 rigs.

all the other ones are now scale jeeps, I remain with this one comp truck, its the mini juice and i like the look of the fastback chassis.

when i first saw "WINNERONE23's" mini juice chassis he sent a pic of to me on my phone, i was jealous. I needed one, NOW.. so, I got lucky and received this!!

I built it further, new wheels and tires, CI foams and weighted wheels for now. also added a CC BEC wired into a CC micro pro esc running a Crawler mafia 18t motor on 3s 1300 45c lipo. (fast as hell) good low end also. batetry is a bit large tho.

then I added MIP shafts and an airtronics 94780 servo.

its got rcbros hi-steer knuckles and OTA ti-rod, CVD's, derlin links, BWD motor plate, alum tranny gears, OD mod, pro shocks, alum hubs and rear LO's, Junfac red winders around and red rovers. weight is at about 2lb 8 oz's

works well!! I do plan on working this rig over.. so this thread will be updated as I tear it down. thanks for looking!!

SLPatt is offline   Reply With Quote

AXIALJEEPSTERS new to mrc MJ COMP BUILD. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
axialjeepsters heavymetal XJ build..pics and toob!!!! AxialJeepster 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 04-05-2012 07:32 AM
My road from stock MRC to comp scaler MRC jhghah Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 07-19-2010 04:59 PM
Losi mrc comp chassis build pics HBZ USA Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 03-17-2009 03:51 PM