Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: What Wheels/Tires for MRC Pro?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What Wheels/Tires for MRC Pro?

I've been looking around and the cleanest looking wheels are VP's LH Procomps...but I'd have to order the rings and weights separately. Currently I am running the stock plastic MRC Pro wheels. I like the Losi aluminum 1.9 BL wheels as they come with internal weights already.

BWD makes some pretty slick ones too.

Tires I guess most are running Rovers (red). I have some CI memory foams I could use for these. And also some Proline 1.9 memory foams I can experiment with. I've also seen Chisels G8 with memory foams. Anyone ran both the Chisels and the Rovers...which one is a better all around tire?

Seems like HB only makes their 1.9 Rovers in red compound (soft). How do these compare with their 2.2 Rovers in white compound? After much searching I found red = white. Please confirm.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I run rovers on mine. Come to think of it everyone else I crawl with is also running rovers on their MRC. Flat Irons are just too big. There doesn't seem to be much out there for the MRC in terms of tires. I can say though that the rovers do provide better traction than the Comp Claws. So far I am sticking with the stock wheels. Here is a note in case you are running the zero ackerman spindles. You will need a wide offset wheel so the tires won't rub the links and shock springs.
dkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
5th D Owner/Driver

You cant go wrong with either the Vp or Losi aluminum wheels. I have both and actually prefer the Losi's on the mini as they are a bit wider and have a little more offset. For tires get the Rovers, much better than the Chisels and run the stock rover foam.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well just ordered up Losi Aluminum BL's...HR aluminum hexes...and 1.9 Rovers (red). I'll try the stock foams and see how they perform.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
5th D Owner/Driver

The stock hexs work fine, havent had any issues with them, and I think they are wider than the HR hexs. I could be wrong though as I havent used the HR ones.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Well never hurts to have some 12mm alumnium hexes for backup! I might put them on my Axial based rig once the crappy Integy Rustler aluminum hexes I'm using start giving. 9 pound rig on 4S....lol.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkur View Post
I run rovers on mine. Come to think of it everyone else I crawl with is also running rovers on their MRC. Flat Irons are just too big. There doesn't seem to be much out there for the MRC in terms of tires. I can say though that the rovers do provide better traction than the Comp Claws. So far I am sticking with the stock wheels. Here is a note in case you are running the zero ackerman spindles. You will need a wide offset wheel so the tires won't rub the links and shock springs.
I'm using Losi's wide hexes for my Pro. It provides the clearance for the links, servo and battery and additionally, it improves steering and overall stability. And what else would one need but Rovers...on Proline Titus 1.9s. The Titus wheels have the best weight system. Just replace the rubber o-rings with good electricians tape.
KabukiCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Well just ordered up Losi Aluminum BL's...HR aluminum hexes...and 1.9 Rovers (red). I'll try the stock foams and see how they perform.
Jay Robinette told me at the Losi forums to stick with the stock foams. He's right.
KabukiCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
dnf

For wheels

IMO the vp wheels are the best chioce for a cut and shut tire like the
cougars,pins,ect. But for rovers,I like the narrow bwd wheels with a nova memory foams/soft.

The bwd wheels are super light,especially great for the back of the truck,and the delrin bwd wheels are even lighter.The ability to adjust weight on the fly is really nice with the vp's.But for running rovers,I would have them narrowed down.This allowes the rover to reach a taller hieght,The rover is just a touch short IMO.

I'm pretty sure guys like nova and other vendors will narrow wheels fairly affordable for you.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

For those of you running the Losi 1.9 Alumium BL's were you missing 8 of the longer screws that hold the one of the beadlocks?

For some reason when I received my set it didn't have any so I had to use the 8 shorter screws meant for the weight rings for one of the beadlocks.

I emailed Losi about it...hope to get it resolved. I just wanted to run a bit of weight on the rears to test it out.