Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: BFGcrawlers MRC Pro Roller Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default BFGcrawlers MRC Pro Roller Build

Guess its my turnAfter several months of watching the 1.9 class at the local competition while waiting to run the 2.2's I caved in and bought a MRC Pro Roller from Ultimate Hobbies, this will also be for the kids to play with as well

Being a stay at home dad now I was able to paint the body the other day with the kids, but be kind this is the only the 2nd body ive painted

BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Here's the electronics setup, I saw bugman72 using this motor so I figured id give it a try for only $14.

- Mamba Micro Pro ESC
-Exceed Brushless Outrunner (3500KV)
-JR Servo From my Losi N.C (Going to be replaced before the first comp)
-Old Losi TX/RX from my N.C (Going to buy another RX for my 4PL)
-Gens Ace 450MAH 2S Lipos

This build has been pretty much completely funded by selling junk I had around the house, didnt want to piss the wife off yet because I'm going to start my super build next

Last night I got the motor plate modified to accept the Exceed Brusless Outrunner as the stock mounting holes do not line up, When the motor first arrived in the mail I thought they sent me the wrong one because its so damn tiny

Today I was onto the electronics, got them all laid out and here is the end result.

Last edited by BFGcrawler418; 08-08-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Can I toss you out some ideas. I like your build and your paint job looks great. I would highly suggest popping both your esc and your rx out of the boxes they are in. Shrink wrap them and shove them either on your upper links or on some lexan next to your tranny. Using the bolts of your skid you can take a small piece of lexan to get them both on the oposite side the tranny than the motor. That might get your COG lower.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Can I toss you out some ideas. I like your build and your paint job looks great. I would highly suggest popping both your esc and your rx out of the boxes they are in. Shrink wrap them and shove them either on your upper links or on some lexan next to your tranny. Using the bolts of your skid you can take a small piece of lexan to get them both on the oposite side the tranny than the motor. That might get your COG lower.

I will probably end up moving them but I just put them where they are at to get the ball rolling. However, I dont care enough about weight distribution with this thing to remove the esc and receiver from their cases, this truck is also going to be for my kids to drive as well. I did not have enough raw wire to remove the stock wires for longer ones and the stockers did not reach to where I wanted to locate them for the best COG or weight distribution
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Nice paint and color choices.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Nice paint and color choices.
Thanks, I almost went white on top and red bottom but I'm glad I changed my mind