Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: noise when backing up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default noise when backing up

Ok, i have looked and searched for this but have found nothing yet...

I recently got a MRC from a friend so I can test it out and see if I like it. Well so far its been pretty cool. I have 2.2 crawlers for figured I would see about the 1.9 guys too.

Anyway when driving it forward eveything sounds and runs fine, but when reversing it make a nasty noise. Just wondering if this is normal for an MRC? Or see if anyone else has had an issue like this? I havent taken anything apart yet. Thanks for any help that your guys/gals can give me.
CrawlerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Pick it up and run it to see if you can tell if it's one of the axles or the tranny. You could disconnect the driveshafts one at a time and run it to see if you can isolate the problem area. First thing I would check is the spur mesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlerG View Post
Ok, i have looked and searched for this but have found nothing yet...

I recently got a MRC from a friend so I can test it out and see if I like it. Well so far its been pretty cool. I have 2.2 crawlers for figured I would see about the 1.9 guys too.

Anyway when driving it forward eveything sounds and runs fine, but when reversing it make a nasty noise. Just wondering if this is normal for an MRC? Or see if anyone else has had an issue like this? I havent taken anything apart yet. Thanks for any help that your guys/gals can give me.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
RCC Addict

What kind of nasty sound it it making?

it could be that the gears are worn down going forward only, which is causing the Bevel and pinion gear to not mesh correctly when going in reverse.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote