Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Pins?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Pins?

Has anyone come up with a good 1.9 pin that out does the rovers? I love my pins in the 2.2, but I haven't seen much love for them in the 1.9. Post up what you got!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I believe people are using the 1/10 short course Proline Calibers in the M3 (i believe is the softest), and "cut-n-shut" the tires onto the sidewall of another brand or product.

but IMO the Rovers are very good for the Mini, i use them, and they are just spectacular on the rocks.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Pro-line Calibers in the M4 compound(which is the softest) has been popular.

I am going to be using Panther t300 super soft pins this year.

Any pin tire for 1.9 will be a custom tire involving a sidewall/tread from donar tires. 1.9 flat irons are popular for sidewalls but so are rock claw's.

A pin tire is like any other tire and will "hook" in some places better than others. It's all terrain dependent and verys from region to region. Best bet is go to a local comp and see what the local yocals are running.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

This is one of the tires I came up with that I'm currently trying out for Nats. It's a shortcourse tire from JConcepts...Goosebump in soft. Works killer so far. Still playing with foams but so far...I like these much better than the Proline Caliber. I've got 2 more sets of pin tires that I made in 1.9 that I'll be trying this week. I'll let ya know what they are & how they work. If they work REALLY well...I'll let ya know AFTER Nats. Need all the advantages a brutha can get.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Default Goosebumps

What's the part # on those goosebumps, there are a bunch of different compounds and sizes.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I've been running a caliber in 4m and its too soft ! you need a 3M to me for it to work.
my problem is on easy rock without huge climbs they work great, but on bigger climbs where you need to add speed they bend over and loose traction and slide.
I'm leaning to a boss claw or block tire.
but i like the goose bumps! I have a set on my 1/10 off road truck and it would be cool to try a set on rock
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote