Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Proline samurai body?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #1

Default Proline samurai body?

I have a 1:1 samurai and my little girl loves it. She has a losi mini crawler I have seen pics of a proline samurai body but can't find anyone selling them. Any info on where I can find this body please pm me. Thanx.
NEPA-Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

The 1/18 scale body is sold/made by speed pal.
the 1/10 version is actually the Axial body. I can't recall what they call it.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The Proline bodies were called "Descender" and they made both 1/18 and 1/10. But they weren't Samurai's, they were Suzuki Sidekick / Geo Trackers. They are now discontinued. I don't have a wheel base measurement, I hacked up the 1/18th scale body I had before measuring.

The Speedway Pal Samurai body is 1/10th. The body is small because the full size Samurai's are small. The 1/1 Samurai has a 79" wheelbase, the Speedway Pal body is right at 8" wheelbase. Pretty darn close to 1/10th scale. This is the body you would want to put on a MRC. But tough to find.

The Axial Trail Ranger / pseudo Samurai is fairly big. Somewhere around 11" wheelbase.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #4

Thanx I thought the sammi body was made by proline. I can find the decender body all day forsale just couldn't find a sammi body.
NEPA-Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Proline samurai body?

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/sumo-clear-body/
Traildriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

While proline doesn't make a body there is a guy that made a close replica of the samurai body you just need to locate a 3D printer big enough then time an patience to sand the body up

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:896449

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1237617

end result will be something like this and as far as I can tell its accurately to scale

not mine I'm still lazily working on a 1/10 scale replica frame that ended up being more of a beast to work with as I also am trying to make my own "scale" transmission yada yada getting off track!

back on topic if you want a scale look 1.55 with dirt grabbers are the way to go as the sammy is a small ride to begin with an scaling down a lot of tires are yuge.

Tamiya also made a jimny body though not completely accurate to scale but its the japanese sibling to the samurai

Its called the wild jimny the wheel base is shorter by a couple of inches off the top of my head but the width is about right for the mrc axles, and you will need to trim out the fenders a bit an maybe want to remove the bumper.

Good luck in your search though!

OH! if you do the 3d printed samurai body you could even go as far as make it a positive for a lexan vacuum mold to keep the weight down just a random thought!
T_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:38 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Since this thread has been brought back up.
Did ya know that ProLine is releasing a Samaria body?
Pro-Line Sumo Clear Body for Barrage and 10" (254mm) WB
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote