Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC "The Smurf"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #41

Nice build, would blue beadlock rings be overkill?
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #42
RCC Addict

I am waiting until I upgrade my wheels. But ehen i do they will have blue rings. I even have a blue servi arm on the way. My new brushless system should be in soon. After that I am getting MIP shafts. You are supposed to be able to run knuckle weights with the LCC conversion. I am hoping they work with the VP wheels. This should be a solid truck for next years comp season.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Got the 18.5T Mongoose crawler system installed. So far it seems to work pretty well. Looking for some feedback for pinion spur combos people are running. I have the stock spur and stock pinion that came with the system. I am running a 65c 2s lipo. It seems fast enough, but haven't gotten it on the rocks as of yet.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #44
RCC Addict

I was able to get in some testing today. The new Mongoose system works like a charm. It doesn't have quite the hill hold a brush set up would, but I think I will get used to it. The good news is I got 19 minutes run time on a 325mah 65c lipo. Need to turn down the brake a tad, it was a little too much if I paused going downhill. With a 2.4 lb rig, it doesn't take much to flip the rig over. Finally twisted my stock driveshaft though. A set if MIP shafts are on order to take care of the problem. the new lighter springs really helped out a bunch. All in all, super impressed with the little guy.

Wes
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Had my third comp run with the Smurf. This time I actually finished, since my motor didn't take a dump! Very much happy with the Mongoose. I also figured out the rig is just too light. I need about 2 oz in the rear and 4 oz in the front. If I had the money some VP aluminum rims would help me out a bit. I also need to get a shorter servo horn. A few tweaks over the winter and I will be good for next season.

Wes