Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: HARDKNOCKZ BWD Wicked Cricket Teaser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Default HARDKNOCKZ BWD Wicked Cricket Teaser

So after Don of BWD offered me a chassis at the Nationals...I decided to jump on it. I literally picked it up at 8:30 pm the night before the 1.9 comp, stayed up til around 2 am building her out & woke up again around 5 am to finish her off. I had enough time to tech in & GO!!!

I obviously didn't get ANY test time on the rig but found out in the hotel room that the BADASS wheels he gave me with the chassis weren't gonna work with the limited amount of knuckle weight I could scratch up at 1 am. So I threw on the VP Little Harry's & my new cut-n-shut 1.9 pin tires & went crawlin.

Here's a few pics of the tear down on the ironing board in our lush hotel room.

This little piece is Don's new axle mounted shock & link mount. Super KILLER little piece & makes for a much cleaner & more reliable install.

For those who haven't seen the HARDKNOCKZ 1.9 Pin Tires...here they be.

Tires work SICK. I had a rushed build in Vegas & DEFINITELY chose the wrong foams & that made a HUGE difference in the rigs performance but all in all...I'm stoked on these tires.

I'm in the middle of moving not only my family & pad but my entire shop as well so this is all I got for ya right now. I'll load up the pics from Nats & some video of the Wicked Cricket next week once life settles in a little bit. She's totally torn down right now...ready for a proper, NOT RUSHED build so stay tuned....

HUGE thanks to Don at BWD for the chance to run his sick little chassis at a venue like Nats.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Oh man. I'm drooling over that chassis
98sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I think it jumped so high in the first pic that it blew its front tires off. Love those new wheels Don made!
When will BWD be offering the cricket & do I need to feed it daily?
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
So after Don of BWD offered me a chassis at the Nationals...I decided to jump on it. I literally picked it up at 8:30 pm the night before the 1.9 comp, stayed up til around 2 am building her out & woke up again around 5 am to finish her off. I had enough time to tech in & GO!!!

I obviously didn't get ANY test time on the rig but found out in the hotel room that the BADASS wheels he gave me with the chassis weren't gonna work with the limited amount of knuckle weight I could scratch up at 1 am. So I threw on the VP Little Harry's & my new cut-n-shut 1.9 pin tires & went crawlin.

Here's a few pics of the tear down on the ironing board in our lush hotel room.

This little piece is Don's new axle mounted shock & link mount. Super KILLER little piece & makes for a much cleaner & more reliable install.

For those who haven't seen the HARDKNOCKZ 1.9 Pin Tires...here they be.

Tires work SICK. I had a rushed build in Vegas & DEFINITELY chose the wrong foams & that made a HUGE difference in the rigs performance but all in all...I'm stoked on these tires.

I'm in the middle of moving not only my family & pad but my entire shop as well so this is all I got for ya right now. I'll load up the pics from Nats & some video of the Wicked Cricket next week once life settles in a little bit. She's totally torn down right now...ready for a proper, NOT RUSHED build so stay tuned....

HUGE thanks to Don at BWD for the chance to run his sick little chassis at a venue like Nats.

J.D.
we need more pics and video!!! of this thing done
bikerj08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
E.Y. Designs

Come on show us more!
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm trying to have more pics, some vids (finally), etc on my build next week.

BW
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Eggsalent!
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Im sorry guys. Life has been a little more than crazy since Nats so I haven't had the time to commit to this build.

I actually talked to Don at BWD and explained that the build had to go on hold until later since our season opener was that following Saturday.

This IS a capable chassis in my opinion. I think the potential is defintely there if you have the time to commit to the build out and the skills for the test and tune. I was excited to work with BWD on this build but again...life stepped in.

I just didnt have enough time on the chassis to A...get the delrin broken in a little bit and B...to learn the quirks and reactions of her. That being said...I had to tear her down and put my Mini Juice back together for our opening comp. I had some mechanical issues pop up during the 1st run so she didnt perform as well as Id hoped either. Ive got the new Chaotic Crawlers 1.9 pro bodyless chassis coming my way so once again...the 1.9's getting broke down and rebuilt. Just not in one night in a Las Vegas hotel room hours before Nationals.

Like I said...I talked to Don and actually offered to send the chassis back to him since a build wasnt gonna happen soon. He was SUPER cool and understanding about things and just told me if I wanna build it still, just hammer it out when I get the time. So thats the plan. I have another MRC Pro Roller coming my way so the Wicked Cricket will crawl. Im stoked to play with this thing and get it working to its fullest potential.

Big thanks to Don at BWD. Definitely a class act and what this sport should be about. His products continue to push boundaries and his attitude and customer service is top shelf.

The Wicked Cricket cometh....

JD
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
E.Y. Designs

Oh ya I can't wait. I also want to see how the Chaotic one works Get a vid soon!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
E.Y. Designs

So you will be running the chaotic for your comp rig and then you will be practicing on the Wicked Cricket (or at least that's what I'm guessing and What are you going to do with your mini juice?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Yeah, your right, its a radical change from the normal mrc or even a pro.This to me would be a fun winter project, to build and fine tune before the comp season starts up again in the midwest. I have some large and small stone areas I use for testing when I make changes. I'd like to check it out when finalized or when ever! Very cool idea.
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Consider me teased.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Oh ya I can't wait. I also want to see how the Chaotic one works Get a vid soon!
Yea...the CC chassis is a proven platform so Im excited to put her to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
So you will be running the chaotic for your comp rig and then you will be practicing on the Wicked Cricket (or at least that's what I'm guessing and What are you going to do with your mini juice?
Well I wont be PRACTICING withe the WC...My plan is to build it and do my best to get her working as close to her full potential as possible. Its basically gonna be a side project for me outside of my shop and comps.

As far as the Mini Juice...I'll probably pass her on to someone that can put her to good use. Lets face it...the Y Town boys have a KILLER line in the BJ series and the mini is no exception. The chassis works and works well. I drive for Chaotic Crawlers and thats the main deciding factor for me making that switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Yeah, your right, its a radical change from the normal mrc or even a pro.This to me would be a fun winter project, to build and fine tune before the comp season starts up again in the midwest. I have some large and small stone areas I use for testing when I make changes. I'd like to check it out when finalized or when ever! Very cool idea.
That was pretty much my plan after Nats. I was gonna get her home, tear her down and build her right instead of the all night marathon she got initially. Again...life stepped in and with the move of my family and shop...illnesses, wifes new job, a death in the family etc...it just had to take a back seat for a bit.

Again...i DO plan on building this thing fairly soon so if youre interested...keep yer eyes open for the new build thread.

JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCrawlGood View Post
Consider me teased.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
E.Y. Designs

Ok gotcha. Ya the Chaotic looks like performs really well.

Last edited by EverettY; 11-13-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
E.Y. Designs

Default Re: HARDKNOCKZ BWD Wicked Cricket Teaser

Have any more updates on this?