Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: FXR settings?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
WAM
Rock Crawler

Default FXR settings?

Recommended FXR settings via Hotwire? I actually found some, but the thread author had deleted the images, so no actual info remained.

Motor = CrawlerMafia 17 on 2S/325mah/65C Bat.

Here's where I started: (from memory, undoubtedly forgot some)

Updated to V30
Dragbrake = 75 (should it be 100?)
Brake force = 100
Reverse force = 100
Neutral = 33 for narrower dead zone (should it be even less?)
Throttle profile = 1 for minimum low throttle action
Brake profile = 1 for minimum early brake action
Braking mode set to fwd & instant reverse
Lipo cutoff set to 2 (for 2S battery?)

But don't anyone copy me. I don't yet know what I'm doing, hence this request for experienced help. I'm looking more for smooth control versus lightning reactions. Thanks
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I would recommend a drag brake of 100%
Neutral width is fine at 33. Its basically the dead band between forward and reverse/brake.
cutoff of 2 is absolutely right for a 2s pack. You could also set a custom cutoff if desired. Just remember it's pack voltage not per cell. 6v = 2s.
Your also right if you like a smooth start up. Profile one is the most throttle curve. 3 would be linear.
I also set the brake profile of 1. It will also effect the input of reverse. Same thing 1 is the most curve. 3 is linear.
Just remember 1 has more of a delay. 3 is linear. 5 is almost instant.

Hope this helps.
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
WAM
Rock Crawler

Thanks. I think I'll have to play with the throttle profile. I want smooth, but building in a delay doesn't seem a good thing.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Actually id try it. Its not as bad as you'd think. I will run profile 1 on my MRC. Im building it now. I do run profile one on my XR-10 with twin FXR's with brood 35t on 3s. I love it. Very smooth.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
WAM
Rock Crawler

Throttle profile is same as expo, right? And my 4PL radio also has expo. I wonder if I should use one, the other, or expo-squared?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

since you are useing a 4pl radio i would post on this 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help and ask Harley as he is very helpful with any ?? that have to do with futaba radios....
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Throttle profile is same as expo, right? And my 4PL radio also has expo. I wonder if I should use one, the other, or expo-squared?
Your absolutely right. Expo is the same. The esc is just setting a Throttle curve. I tend to use the esc curve over my radio but that's just user preference.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaruki View Post
since you are useing a 4pl radio i would post on this 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help and ask Harley as he is very helpful with any ?? that have to do with futaba radios....
Yeah, Harley has helped me a lot with the radio setup. But now I'm mostly fishing for FRX info and I don't know that's his area. I mentioned it, and he didn't come up with much. Although he may have been the first to tip me off that new FXR's generally come with old software. Thanks Tekin.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yeah, Harley has helped me a lot with the radio setup. But now I'm mostly fishing for FRX info and I don't know that's his area. I mentioned it, and he didn't come up with much. Although he may have been the first to tip me off that new FXR's generally come with old software. Thanks Tekin.
Hey, any questions just ask. Im very familiar with the tekins. I've been using the rs now in the racing scene for a few years. The fxr is the same with less options. I currently run two in my XR-10 and now have one for my MRC.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild bill View Post
Hey, any questions just ask. Im very familiar with the tekins. I've been using the rs now in the racing scene for a few years. The fxr is the same with less options. I currently run two in my XR-10 and now have one for my MRC.
Heh, my situation exactly. Two in an XR and now building an MRC Pro with one. I just last nite got the hotwire riunning, so programmed the new one for the mini and will get to the XR shortly. Did you do anything different on the XR? I'm guessing people put less dragbrake in the front than the rear for downhill braking stability. Everything else about the same?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Heh, my situation exactly. Two in an XR and now building an MRC Pro with one. I just last nite got the hotwire riunning, so programmed the new one for the mini and will get to the XR shortly. Did you do anything different on the XR? I'm guessing people put less dragbrake in the front than the rear for downhill braking stability. Everything else about the same?
I just got home from work but ill take a screen shot in a bit of my settings. I have read people use less drag on the front esc and originally I set it up that way but I changed it right away to 100%. IMO there is no issues on any steep down hill where the truck tries to flip forward. I most always have my rear locked on steep downhills anyways which forces the chassis towards the ground.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Here's my current FXR setup in my XR . This will be exactly what I will run with in my MRC.

Take note I am running 3s in both. That's why my voltage cutoff is set at 3.

I do have my neutral width set higher. This is how sensitive the initial touch of the throttle is. A low # is immediate and a higher # has a slight delay. Its not much but helps. To me the initial throttle seems smoother with I higher #.