Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: WestTxRc MRC Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default WestTxRc MRC Build Thread

Ok well I got my mrc Pro in from Horizon Hobbies, Couldn't beat the price paid $60 Bucks Shipped to my door. Here's a list of the stuff i have to work with as of right now. Pics will be coming soon.

Esc: Castle Sidewinder Micro
( Will be using a 17t Contraband Motor from Rock Hard )
Servo-Losi Msx High Torque servo,( losi Mini servo for a back up)

Receiver is a Hk-300 3 channel

I also have 3 practically new castle CM20 Brushless motors also that Prolly wont use and a Losi 370-SK motor also that's new for a backup to the ContraBand.

I plan to make this a Comp/Back yard Crawler. This isn't really a budget build I'm spending the money where I think that It should be spent on this rig. If it helps Performance or crawling ability then I'm going to try and get it but yet Not going to try and spend a fortune. More to come soon when I get all my stuff in I ordered then WIll post the pics up and get started.
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Ok I got My Castle SW Micro In today, They look bigger in the pics lol.
I painted my stock pro body last night Metallic Silver and Put the Stickers on it.
Ill get pics up tonight of that. Also got an assortment of different plugs into today not sure what i'm going with yet.

As of now I'm waiting for the Contraband motor, My hk-300 and servo to get here before can start assembly.

Also ordered a Thunder 350mAh 40C battery, Hope that'll get me by for a bit.

If anyone has a Write up on HOW & best location for electronics then that would be a Big help.

Last edited by WestTxRc; 10-08-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Just look at some build threads for electronics placement. There are not many choices in these little rigs.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Ok I also Ordered a CC 10A Bec, CC program kit with usb.
The sidewinder looks a little unprotected to me. Guess those things just zip tie to the frame cuz i see no mounting holes on it.

I think I done alright painting the body for my first one I ever painted. I'm planning on getting a Jeep Cherokee body or a Blazer body for it to give it a bit more of a scale look.

Last edited by WestTxRc; 10-09-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Here's Some Pics, I'm Still waiting for some stuff before get started on build.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I stuff all of my electronics up front. I like to get most of the weight that way if possible. I was using a losi lipo but since I'm going a different route I may have to change my setup.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I think I might Be Getting me a Custom scale Frame for it and go that way. I love the look of scale one's plus I have a Couple Crawlers 1.1 Scale.
I've decided on either the Blazer Body or the Jeep Cherokee body
More toward the cherokee if can find one because that's what one of my 1.1's is.

I need Help on how to remove the top of the shocks if anyone wants to help me. Talking about from where they connect to the shock mount that swivels.
I didnt want to try and then tear something up so I'll ask first.

Also How to take the Drive shafts out would Help A little.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Ok well ordered a Few more things for it today.
I ordered some aluminum spindles and chubs today.
I also Ordered a Servo Horn from renoirbuds that's in the Vender section of RCC.

Also was messing around with the drive shafts and thought to my self that these plastics one's gotta go. I'm either going to Fab some up my self or just get some mips for it. They dont really look to hard to fab some so I might go that route just to add some personal touch to it.

Here are some Pics Of it with a 1/10 Scale Body that's Custom Painted and narrowed & Detailed, Wish It would fit I've never had a chance to even dril holes in it. It's Now listed in For sale section.
Attached Images

Last edited by WestTxRc; 10-10-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Just ordered more for my Mrc, Got some Aluminum Beadlocks Coming with some rovers. Also all the RCbros OTA steering componants and link plate/servo mount.

Re-ordered Aluminum Knuckles (got wrong kind)

Also Hk300 Radio & Receiver came, these are excellent for the price i got it Brand new for 31 shipped.