Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Castle Sidewinder Pro Question, Mine seems Odd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Castle Sidewinder Pro Question, Mine seems Odd

Is the Castle Sidewinder pro supposed to be in a case or something?
All i got it some wires coming off a circuit board looking thing. Doesnt look very steardy or inclosed for that matter. Do you just Zip tie it to the Frame or what I seen No screw holes or anything. Maybe that's just the way there made.

Oh yeah before i get asked yes it's New just took it outta the box.
Also Ordered a CC Bec (10a) and CC program kit
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Sounds to me like the vanilla sidewinder micro to me - the Pro is cased with a heat sink.

If it looks like this it is not the Pro. Shown here with the CC BEC. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I dont believe theres a sidewinder pro. If its a sidewinder micro, then no its not in a case, just a plastic covering. If its mamba micro pro, it should be in a case.
If its a Sidewinder V2 or something like you'd use in a 1/10 scale car it should be in a case. But the micro's like we use on 1/18 scale are not. cases take up room and we are fighting for room in small cars or trucks. think of it as a "green" heat sink,lol
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Ok Yea its for the 1/18 Sidewinder Micro, Just making sure i got the right thing or at least all of it lol. Wasn't sure if it had a case/heatsink or not.

Do those just Zip tie up to the chassis or what? Where are ya'll location your ESC @ for best results? And I would also kinda like to keep dirt from getting under that plastic cover that's not covering the ends covered up to good on the CC esc.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

You could probably put a dab of silicone sealant on the end, but heck some guys even take off the plastic!
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTxRc View Post
Ok Yea its for the 1/18 Sidewinder Micro, Just making sure i got the right thing or at least all of it lol. Wasn't sure if it had a case/heatsink or not.

Do those just Zip tie up to the chassis or what? Where are ya'll location your ESC @ for best results? And I would also kinda like to keep dirt from getting under that plastic cover that's not covering the ends covered up to good on the CC esc.
Been running mine a while now and not had a problem with dirt getting in it so I wouldn't worry. I have zip tied my sidewinder back to back with my BEC and have it horizontal above and behind the transmission level with the top of the chassis - fits in there really neatly. Prior to that I had it velcro'd lower down on the side of the transmission, prior to that I had it on a lexan side plate I made.

Due to it's small footprint and low weight there are any number of places you can strap it on. It looks a little exposed in this shot but I never had a problem. This was before I tidied up the wiring
Attached Images

neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, Wish all my packages would hurry and get here so i can Start on this thing.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
RCC Addict

you can also double side tape it down
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote