Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: BWD mini wedge build shock help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default BWD mini wedge build shock help

In building a bwd mini wedge with bwd bomb proof shock/link mounts and since I now have the ability to run 3mm hardware all around I'm looking for shocks that will suit this build. Stock mrc shocks really won't work well. Looking for a shock of similar length possibly a hair shorter that can take 3mm bolts at each end. Going to hit the hobby shop tomorrow but thought I'd see what others may suggest.

Thanks in advance.
KingGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Not sure there is a whole lot out there if anything at all. One idea would be to cut down the body of the axial scaler shocks but you will have to find a shorter shaft. Try contacting Don @ bwd about it.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm running mini crawler shocks (or mini late model with my mini low pro) with 2mm bolts on my rigs right now with my BP shock/lower link mounts.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Yeah that was my first idea. May be what i do if i cant come up with something. Do you run different shock shafts in the mini crawler shocks? Curious if the mini t rear shafts are shorter. Looking like I may need to run a shorter shaft shock or limit the mrc shocks internally.
KingGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

No sir, I run the standard mini crawler shocks with a 1/8" internal limiter...although I have moved away from solid limiters and have been using soft short sections of spring under my pistons now...in which case would be about a 1/4" piece of pen spring or similar.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

If you have another set of the ball studs that the shocks attach to the chassis. You can tap the bomb proof mounts and screw them in there. Then pop the small balls out of your shock rod ends. The rod end will mount on the ball studs. This also gives your shocks more movement and won't pop off the chassis as easily.
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Buckimod. That is genious.

Don, what rod end are you running? I did not realize there was a rod end out there with a smaller "shaft diameter" setup.

RickM
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'd really appreciate a heads up on this if you find anything.

Every drive i have ends at the point where i get pissed off with reattaching the shock ends on the shock shafts.

I've tried several new ends, i've tried loctite and even glueing em on.
All to no avail, this is still what ends every single drive and has done for well over 1 year

I've looked and tried several 3mm shock shafts and shocks, but i either get severe binding or the shocks physically do not fit.

I'm now contemplating buying a set of Fioroni Losi 8ight/8ight-T Aluminum Shock Ends.

They're monumentally expensive for what they are though.
Fioroni Team Losi 8ight/8ight-T Aluminum Shock End Set (4) [FIO-OT-UR325] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

Odd thing is there are many many M3 aluminium and alloy road ends knocking around, but apart from those Fioroni ones there are no 2mm ones.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited by cbr6fs; 10-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote