Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Shaft removal & Mips Install questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Shaft removal & Mips Install questions

I have a complete mips set I bought from TCS, Need advice on removing the stock PRO shaft and installing mips. Is the complete mips kit for front and rear shafts or do i gotta get 2?
Do i disconnect stock shfts at the trans including the yoke?
Also do i leave the yoke on the axle or does mip connect different.

Prolly a little confusing the way im asking but Im looking at the mips and looking at the stock shaft thats on there and just wanna know before i tear into it.

And should the stock shaft set screws be a PITA to remove like mine?\
Keep stripping the set screw things.
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

The new ones will need to be assembled, and there are two in the package. So you only need to buy one set. Pretty simple really, just unscrew the old set and on with the new. Make sure to use loctite on the set screws and make sure they are on the flat spot of the shafts.
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

your stripping the wrench or the set screw? did you use red loctite before? maybe use a hair drier to soften the locktite, or get better wrenches,LOL
Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If you stripped the set screw you will have a very hard time getting the shaft off. Try finding the smallest screw extractor there is and someone who knows how to use it. Failing to do that you can cut off the shaft yoke since you're replacing it with the MIP.

Finally when you get it all mucked up just order a set of Losi trans outputs and slice off the output with the stripped screw and replace the output with a new one. That's what I did when the tip of my wrench snapped off in the set screw.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Or just drill out the set screw since you wont need it. Probably easier that cutting it off. Either ways effective.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Allright thanks I'll give it a shot.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #7

Did you get them all installed? The MIP CVDs are something I would like to upgrade on mine in the near future.
ieatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Havent tried yet, Im going to tonight and will take pics and let yall know what had to be done. My main thing is all the screws I keep Stripping out with the pro. I'm using some Allen wrenchs i got from harbor freight and some ones that bought on ebay that came with some rc kit with a 4 way. May be thats my problems is cheap tools. Guess get what pay for with tools.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Even good quality tools wear out over time. I had to replace the tip of my Hudy 2mm driver several times since the 2mm is the most popular size hex head. Imagine how long a cheap L bend allen wrench will last.

I have have good usage from the DuBro wrenches which are also the same as Bondhaus, these are the least expensive quality tools you will find.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

GOing to have to wait a few days for my Mips Install, Ordered a Set of Hex Drive Wrenches From AMain Hobbies, Dynamite 5 Piece Metric Hex Driver Set
15 bucks. And they had a AA Nimh Charger for 28 cents lol so i got that also.