Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Aluminum Center Gear Set - same to rtr and pro? Is it stronger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #1

Default Aluminum Center Gear Set - same to rtr and pro? Is it stronger?

Hi
I just ordered my MRCP, most of stuff is already ordered, as I want my car to be a little faster than usual crawler.

I am thinking of aluminium gears set, are they the same in rtr and pro roller?

Are they more durable than delrin ones? I will use 400 psyclone brushless motor (if I fit it with dremel) which is 4811kV and it will be poweredwith 2s/3s lipo. I would like to stenghthen chassis as much as possible to avoid often services... I already have aluminium 59T spur gear, ordered diff lockers, but what next is possible to be killed?
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Not sure if there the same or not. Of course ALuminum will be stronger than the Delrin. Theres alot of different aftermarket chassis and chassis plates, WHich one really up to you. The pro has the Carbon Fiber Chassis and is Proven in comps. Can't tell ya to much about going fast with them, Do a Search on here I remember someone doing like a rock racer build or something on here that had something to do with speed. Anyhow Welcome to world of MRCP's
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #3

Oh sorry, first of all hello to everybody
Problem is, that I didn't find any finished fast projects The same on youtube. That is quite curious... Anyway, I want this to be a crawler, but with additional ability to move quite fast between heavy offroad trials or on sand I am worried about gears first...
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Understand, Prolly Because most FAST setups cause Cogging at low Crawler speeds. THat's why alot of people run a Brushed motor in the crawlers because it helps alot with the Cogging. You could run a higher pinion, go up a 2 or 3 teeth that will give you some more speed. I'm sure there will be more replys by people that know alot more than me so i'm sure youll get your answer.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Hi
I just ordered my MRCP, most of stuff is already ordered, as I want my car to be a little faster than usual crawler.

I am thinking of aluminium gears set, are they the same in rtr and pro roller?

Are they more durable than delrin ones? I will use 400 psyclone brushless motor (if I fit it with dremel) which is 4811kV and it will be poweredwith 2s/3s lipo. I would like to stenghthen chassis as much as possible to avoid often services... I already have aluminium 59T spur gear, ordered diff lockers, but what next is possible to be killed?
You don't have to beef up the chassis. The metal diff lockers are standard in the Pro. The transmissions are the same and has the lockers in it. Once you overpower anything it will break.

The gears are fine unless you lock down the slipper and get in a bind but with that motor I doubt you'll be rock crawling much. Think of all the excercise you will be getting chasing after the mini every time it flips over when you try to turn at speed.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #6

As I had fast both onroad and offroad 1:10 and 1:8 cars and trucks I realise it won't be a fast rally car, I would rather hope to have possibility of fast forward when needed
It is my first car smaller than 1:10, did I overestimated motor? I took some 300 motor as spare too, but I usually prefer to have more power than I need under my finger/foot than worry sometimes that I may have not enough...
BTW, did I find right, that spur is 0.5 module?

Last edited by Kajman; 10-24-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Its not intended to go faster, its not a rock racer. The wraith is a rock racer. Different category. If you build in more speed with pinion changes, it will burn motors. choices, choices....
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

If you intend to crawl with it I would go with a low turn Brushed motor.
around a 17t. Like posted earlier its really Built for crawling to be honest so with speed your 4 link will need to be tuned way different if its any possiable to tune it for speed. with High COG you ge t body roll and gonna cause flip overs when turning.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I might offer this. Many have rounded out the lockers on the aluminum gears. Just and FYI
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote