RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Upgrades from Stock (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/344478-upgrades-stock.html)

ieatfish 10-25-2011 08:15 PM

Upgrades from Stock

After doing some reading and seeing what upgrades are recommended and what things I like, I have made a list.

• CVDs
  • Carbon Fiber Chassis
  • Losi aftermarket aluminum shocks
  • Angled lower links
  • Full size servo
  • Better tires

Anything else that is recommended to upgrade on the MRC? I'll probably move around the electronics and lower the CG where I can. Other than that, even stock this thing has been a lot of fun.

DRCrawlGood 10-25-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieatfish (Post 3346509)
After doing some reading and seeing what upgrades are recommended and what things I like, I have made a list.

• CVDs
  • Carbon Fiber Chassis
  • Losi aftermarket aluminum shocks
  • Angled lower links
  • Full size servo
  • Better tires

Anything else that is recommended to upgrade on the MRC? I'll probably move around the electronics and lower the CG where I can. Other than that, even stock this thing has been a lot of fun.

Go to ebay and buy a MRC pro and save yourself alot of money and time with buying each upgrade.

ieatfish 10-25-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRCrawlGood (Post 3346514)
Go to ebay and buy a MRC pro and save yourself alot of money and time with buying each upgrade.

Well, I got this one used for $80. It's in almost perfect condition. Do you still think it would be worth just leaving this one stock and getting an MRC pro?

Slaughter 10-25-2011 09:10 PM

The full Pro chassis, shocks, and lockers will cost quite a bit. If you can find a good deal on a Pro, it would be worth it and then see if you can sell your current MRC or you can use it for parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieatfish (Post 3346573)
Well, I got this one used for $80. It's in almost perfect condition. Do you still think it would be worth just leaving this one stock and getting an MRC pro?

ieatfish 10-25-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughter (Post 3346637)
The full Pro chassis, shocks, and lockers will cost quite a bit. If you can find a good deal on a Pro, it would be worth it and then see if you can sell your current MRC or you can use it for parts.

That's a good idea. Are all the parts compatible between the two?

Slaughter 10-25-2011 10:11 PM

Yes. Same axles and tranny. Might be a few parts specific to the non-Pro, but if you have questions, just ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieatfish (Post 3346660)
That's a good idea. Are all the parts compatible between the two?

ieatfish 10-25-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughter (Post 3346775)
Yes. Same axles and tranny. Might be a few parts specific to the non-Pro, but if you have questions, just ask.

Thanks, I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

ieatfish 10-26-2011 11:16 AM

Okay, I ordered an MRC Pro roller last night. Will the motor from the MRC work in the Pro? On the page it said it requires a brushless motor but I didn't believe it. I plan to just transfer all my electronics to the Pro roller. For now I'll probably use the regular NiMH battery packs but I'll get a LiPo setup at some point.

2500hdon37s 10-26-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieatfish (Post 3347392)
Okay, I ordered an MRC Pro roller last night. Will the motor from the MRC work in the Pro? On the page it said it requires a brushless motor but I didn't believe it. I plan to just transfer all my electronics to the Pro roller. For now I'll probably use the regular NiMH battery packs but I'll get a LiPo setup at some point.

yes the regular motor will work just fine, how ever a brushless system is about the easiest motor combo to drop in with great preformance.

ieatfish 10-26-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s (Post 3347405)
yes the regular motor will work just fine, how ever a brushless system is about the easiest motor combo to drop in with great preformance.

Well, my wife doesn't know I ordered the Pro so I'd prefer to not have to buy a motor/esc combo at the moment. XD

cboggs 10-26-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieatfish (Post 3347392)

Transfer it all over, you'll be fine. When your ready to upgrade to a lipo pick up a FXR or Mamba Micro Pro esc for the lipo cutoff and better performance.