Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: no more mini juice...what chassis now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default no more mini juice...what chassis now?

I was just getting ready to order a juice and I went back and looked at the y-town thread in the vendors section and it don't look to good. I want good chassis to replace my l town with. Is the Gatekeeper the next in line?
MudboyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I have never ran the Gatekeeper,but I've heard that it is a good chassis. I like the mini moonbuggy,and all of the BWD Wedge series.
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I had ran a GC-3 then switched to BWD wedge and low pro wedge. each change seemed to be better each time.
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Chaotic Crawlers Mini Pro is a KILLER choice fellas. Tons of adjustment. Great bias. Craftsmanship is top notch. Ya wont be disappointed.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
RCC Addict

No question the Chaotic Crawlers chassis will fill a soon to be left void for sure. I run a bjv4 berg and love it.

I can say this though. Ran a Gatekeeper, sold it to a guy locally in favor of my Wedge chassis, and he turned around and beat me at a comp. I love my wedge and I tend wrench to much on it so I am always driving a new truck. I just finally corrected some poor ideas on mine and it is back to driving very well. That being said I saw Don two saturdays ago with a Low Pro wedge he had loaned out to a guy. They guy got 6th at disney with no wheel time driving a borrowed truck. That says a lot for that chassis. I think any buyer looking for a new bodiless rig will be happy with either a wedge or a chaotic chassis.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
No question the Chaotic Crawlers chassis will fill a soon to be left void for sure. I run a bjv4 berg and love it.

I can say this though. Ran a Gatekeeper, sold it to a guy locally in favor of my Wedge chassis, and he turned around and beat me at a comp. I love my wedge and I tend wrench to much on it so I am always driving a new truck. I just finally corrected some poor ideas on mine and it is back to driving very well. That being said I saw Don two saturdays ago with a Low Pro wedge he had loaned out to a guy. They guy got 6th at disney with no wheel time driving a borrowed truck. That says a lot for that chassis. I think any buyer looking for a new bodiless rig will be happy with either a wedge or a chaotic chassis.
Thats always my problem too,I can't ever leave well enough alone!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Since its no secret 801 straight dominates the 1.9 class we designed our new chassis around the link geometry of the National Champs chassis the Losi Mini Pro. Since the release of the Losi pro it quickly became obvious that this is one of if not the best chassis available for the mini. 3 of the top 5 at nationals were 801 drivers all running the Losi Pro. With the National 1.9 champ (Tim Grahm) running a Bone stock Losi Pro with the exception of tires.

With this in mind we wanted to take the Pro to a whole new level...Creating the Chaotic Pro Mini Bodiless.

We are within just weeks of the release of this chassis....So stay tuned....

Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I would get this when it comes out.1.9 Chaotic Pro Bodiless Chassis
I want one know but arnt out yet.
By what i see on chaotic crawlers Url they dfont have any chassis avaliable.
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Will this come with servo/4link plates,or are you using the stock Pro ones? From what I can see in the pic,your using the stock rear one,but something different up front.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

think you can use all your pro stuff. Sure they are using there titanium links in the pic.
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Since this was not started as a vender and marketing thread, I must suggest this. At our comps the guys with the pro are having problems, but the guys winning are running either a Wedge or a moonbuggie. The low pro wedge is just getting going but a guy shows up at disney driving a truck he had never put a pack into before and gets 6th overall is pretty dang impressive. I don't drive for don and I don't want to, so my biased is based purely on watching wedge chassis flat perform at comps.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Chaotic Crawlers Mini Pro is a KILLER choice fellas. Tons of adjustment. Great bias. Craftsmanship is top notch. Ya wont be disappointed.

J.D.
I thought you were pimping the cricket chassis just a few weeks ago?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

It's designed to use stock pro 4 link mounts.
That truck in the pic was an original mrc that had a custom 4 link plate.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
now thats funny

now, enough with the nut swingin already, the board is already running rampant with it.

to answer the main question posted...

it seems to me you would just be better off buying the losi mini pro since it is the one that mr. chaotic stated, in this thread, that is winning and that they knocked off.....and it sure seems to be doing well.

as for the bj mini it is very uncertain what will become of the 1.9 class, so with that said before i invest in a few hundred more chassis, i would like to see where it is going.

if it does come back it will be revised and it will not be a copy of anything else!!

good luck to you all
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
now thats funny

now, enough with the nut swingin already, the board is already running rampant with it.

to answer the main question posted...

it seems to me you would just be better off buying the losi mini pro since it is the one that mr. chaotic stated, in this thread, that is winning and that they knocked off.....and it sure seems to be doing well.

as for the bj mini it is very uncertain what will become of the 1.9 class, so with that said before i invest in a few hundred more chassis, i would like to see where it is going.

if it does come back it will be revised and it will not be a copy of anything else!!

good luck to you all

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
RCC Addict

It's no secret that the MRC Pro is THE chassis to run. As stated above, if your looking to take your MRC Pro to the next level Chaotic Crawlers has you covered.

With 801RCC having a very good 1.9 following and just about everyone in the club running an MRC Pro, a bunch of 801RCC members hit up Chaotic Crawlers to make a bodiless chassis that utilised the stock MRC Pro geometry that way it would be an incredibly easy conversion for any driver running a Pro. And I would have to say that they have great job
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post

now, enough with the nut swingin already
lol, your sack stretchin' much?
RockDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
It's no secret that the MRC Pro is THE chassis to run. As stated above, if your looking to take your MRC Pro to the next level Chaotic Crawlers has you covered.

With 801RCC having a very good 1.9 following and just about everyone in the club running an MRC Pro, a bunch of 801RCC members hit up Chaotic Crawlers to make a bodiless chassis that utilised the stock MRC Pro geometry that way it would be an incredibly easy conversion for any driver running a Pro. And I would have to say that they have great job

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #19
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I'm not sure "pimping" is the word I'd use. Don at BWD approached me at Nat's and asked if I'd run his yet to be debuted chassis...The Wicked Cricket. I had my Mini Juice ready to roll but figured I'd like to try something completely different and unique so I ran it. I told Don if time permits and my sponsors don't mind...I'd do some test and tune and possibly a build thread for him. Well time hasn't been on my side since I've been moving both my household and my shop...and the BWD chassis requires more than the average amount of of test and tune to get her dialed since it IS such a different design.

All of that being said...Chaotic Crawlers is my main sponsor. I'd rather run their product and show my support just like youd expect from YOUR drivers.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I am running the dark soul with no issues...been a good chassis for me
scteggy is offline   Reply With Quote