Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Papabash's Team BWD 'Low-Pro' Wedge Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #241
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Papabash's Team BWD 'Low-Pro' Wedge Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
it's getting to where i'm adding to instead of change to now, but need to work in some more side hills
Making good sidehills was one of the biggest challenges I had in building my course because of the small size. I would love to add to mine, but in order to keep peace in my marriage, I will live with it's current boundaries.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #242
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
I know I've said it before, but this little rig just continues to amaze me! Today was it's 5th comp and it has won all 5. I don't say this to brag on myself, but to brag on Don's absolutely fantastic chassis. It is crazy how well this thing crawls! Anyway here are some pics from today's comp.

This rock was so steep that only 2 of us were able to make it up:
What chassis was the other guy using that made it up that too?

Quote:
Wow, thanks Don! I can't wait to try out the new goodies!
I will get you some pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
It's sad to see certain sponsored drivers too busy bein the "cool guy" to help the new guys. There's a select few that go outta their way & spend more time answering questions or giving advice than they do just cruising the builds.
These are two of the most helpful guys out there always willing to give advice with any thing Thanks J.D. and David you are awesome!
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
What chassis was the other guy using that made it up that too?
Ssshhhhh, it was a fully loaded Mini Juice, but I can't say that here. It was also being driven by Brian (bbeaty), the best all-around driver in our club.

Quote:
These are two of the most helpful guys out there always willing to give advice with any thing Thanks J.D. and David you are awesome!
Thanks. One of the main things that drew me to crawling was the openness and helpfulness of the people that got me started both at comps and on here. I used to race several years ago, and the drama there was ridiculous.

Last edited by papabash; 04-16-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #244
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Ssshhhhh, it was a fully loaded Mini Juice, but I can't say that here. It was also being driven by Brian (bbeaty), the best all-around driver in our club.

Thanks. One of the main things that drew me to crawling was the openness and helpfulness of the people that got me started both at comps and on here. I used to race several years ago, and the drama there was ridiculous.
LOL well you still beat him so it shows who is better....Austin should have made it up that though was he there?

Yes It helps so much when people are actually helpful. What I like is when you ask (like Don or someone else that makes stuff for crawlers) a question about something and they give you tips to improve it instead of saying "Oh if you buy this then that should fix it" and they are actually helping you more instead of just trying to sell you more of their products.

BTW what is your running weight right now?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
LOL well you still beat him so it shows who is better....Austin should have made it up that though was he there?
He was there, but I think he needs to tune his shocks a bit more. He's a good driver, but struggled in a couple of spots Saturday. We had a few killer gates though.

Quote:
BTW what is your running weight right now?
Right at 3 lbs, 1 oz. with lipo in place.

Last edited by papabash; 04-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #246
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
He was there, but I think he needs to tune his shocks a bit more. He's a good driver, but struggled in a couple of spots Saturday. We had a few killer gates though.
Ah ok his looked like it was riding kinda high in the pics.

Quote:
Wow I'm running at 2 lbs, 3 oz with the lipo... I'm going to be running even lighter soon....

Last edited by EverettY; 04-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #247
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Ah ok his looked like it was riding kinda high in the pics.

Wow I'm running at 2 lbs, 3 oz with the lipo... I'm going to be running even lighter soon....
1St off man...you're absolutely welcome. When I started crawlin...I did it pretty much on my own. It took me 2 years to even log onto RCC & another year before I actually joined. My life would've beej a LOT easier had I asked some questions. Unfortunately, there ARE some egos in our sport just like any & iy sucks when ya ask an experienced, sponsored or top level guy a question or forna little help & they blow you off. Not that I'm ANY of those except sponsored but I kinda feel like helpin a few guys out here & there is all part of it.

Why are you plannin on going lighter than the 2lb 3oz runnin weight you're at now? You're already pretty friggin skinny. Goin lighter's gonna have more cons than pros IMO.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #248
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's pretty light. I think the "normal" running weight for most MRC comp rigs is around 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. I like a little heavier rig than most, I'm not a subscriber to the current trend toward anorexia that most have gone to. For me, a heavier rig just feels more "planted" and stable.
I agree with J.D., I think dropping more weight is going to cause problems for you. BUT....... it's YOUR rig, and you have to build and tune it to suit YOUR driving style, so try it and see how it does, you may be the exception to the rule.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #249
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
1St off man...you're absolutely welcome. When I started crawlin...I did it pretty much on my own. It took me 2 years to even log onto RCC & another year before I actually joined. My life would've beej a LOT easier had I asked some questions. Unfortunately, there ARE some egos in our sport just like any & iy sucks when ya ask an experienced, sponsored or top level guy a question or forna little help & they blow you off. Not that I'm ANY of those except sponsored but I kinda feel like helpin a few guys out here & there is all part of it.
It would make me not want to sponsor someone if I ask them a question and they just don't answer or they are like that's a stupid question.....

Quote:
Why are you plannin on going lighter than the 2lb 3oz runnin weight you're at now? You're already pretty friggin skinny. Goin lighter's gonna have more cons than pros IMO.
Quote:
That's pretty light. I think the "normal" running weight for most MRC comp rigs is around 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. I like a little heavier rig than most, I'm not a subscriber to the current trend toward anorexia that most have gone to. For me, a heavier rig just feels more "planted" and stable.
I agree with J.D., I think dropping more weight is going to cause problems for you. BUT....... it's YOUR rig, and you have to build and tune it to suit YOUR driving style, so try it and see how it does, you may be the exception to the rule.
I'm actually not trying to run a lighter rig..... You will soon see why it is going to be lighter. What would you guys recommend to do to get it heavier that won't cost too much?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #250
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What would you guys recommend to do to get it heavier that won't cost too much?
Weight those front wheels! You want your rig to balance right at the front of the skid or a little bit forward of it. Sounds like you have little to no added weight right now.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #251
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Weight those front wheels! You want your rig to balance right at the front of the skid or a little bit forward of it. Sounds like you have little to no added weight right now.
Go to the tackle store or even the fishing section of Wallys & grab some lead rope. Its not actually rope of course but about the thickness of yarn. I think I paid around a buck a foot. Wrap them front wheels & gets some oh zees up there.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #252
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Go to the tackle store or even the fishing section of Wallys & grab some lead rope. Its not actually rope of course but about the thickness of yarn. I think I paid around a buck a foot. Wrap them front wheels & gets some oh zees up there.

J.D.
Yep, that's what I use. I grab a hammer and head for the anvil on my vise and pound it out as thin as I can make it, then make enough wraps to get the weight I want. Pounding it out thin means it only sticks up a fraction of the original height so it doesn't hinder the foam in any way.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #253
Rock Stacker

I used lead solid core solder. Went to walmart and totally forgot to check out the fishing section... grr.
Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #254
Quarry Creeper

Sorry it took so long to get it up but it took forever to get it to upload I hope you enjoy it Dave
fallin apart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #255
E.Y. Designs

Nice Austin You kinda pushed it with the roll over Which one was the hard climb?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #256
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Nice Austin You kinda pushed it with the roll over

Thanks you can never have to many roll over shots.

Quote:
Which one was the hard climb?

The one were Dave is rolling over a bunch.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #257
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallin apart View Post
Thanks you can never have to many roll over shots.
The one were Dave is rolling over a bunch.
Ah Ok Let's see a video of your run
Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #258
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ah Ok Let's see a video of your run

Haha, I agree
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #259
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallin apart View Post
I hope you enjoy it Dave
I did! Thanks for posting it Austin. I'm glad you got to have some fun with it.
Not my best run, but it was good enough.

Last edited by papabash; 04-17-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #260
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I did! Thanks for posting it Austin. I'm glad you got to have some fun with it.
Not my best run, but it was good enough.

Yeah I had fun making it but not the best video but not a bad video for a cell phone camera.