RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Papabash's Team BWD 'Low-Pro' Wedge Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/352102-papabashs-team-bwd-low-pro-wedge-build.html)

papabash 01-23-2012 09:04 PM

Re: Papabash's BWD 'Low-Pro' Wedge Build

Ummm, already got my turkey yesterday! "thumbsup"
What do you call 4 in a row?
Just kidding, my luck has to run out sometime! :ror:

fallin apart 01-23-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabash (Post 3526339)
Ummm, already got my turkey yesterday! "thumbsup"
What do you call 4 in a row?
Just kidding, my luck has to run out sometime! :ror:

Fine there will be no turkey for your 'low' pro how about that..........GRANDPA........ :mrgreen:

JCSXJ 01-26-2012 11:08 AM

Where do the four washers that come with the low pro chassis go? I just got mine in the mail yesterday and it's pretty much a roller now minus the shocks.

billet works 01-26-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCSXJ (Post 3527271)
Where do the four washers that come with the low pro chassis go? I just got mine in the mail yesterday and it's pretty much a roller now minus the shocks.

I run 2 washers between each of my rear upper link rod ends and the chassis. My rear uppers are outboarded on the chassis and the washers provide clearance during articulation.

Don

JCSXJ 01-26-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billet works (Post 3527466)
I run 2 washers between each of my rear upper link rod ends and the chassis. My rear uppers are outboarded on the chassis and the washers provide clearance during articulation.

Don

Cool, I was lost when it came to them"thumbsup"
On a side note, great work on the chassis! These things are sick!

papabash 02-19-2012 05:03 AM

This rig just continues to amaze me, it won it's 3rd comp in a row yesterday, making it a perfect 3 for 3 so far. Needless to say, I'm still very happy with it! "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabash (Post 41541)
Had a great time yesterday with some really tough courses. It was a fun day to end the indoor season with, and Randy and Ethan really brought the heat!

1. David/papabash...-2,19,-12 total 5
2. Randy/Unpredictable...-2,32,-15 total 15
3. Brian/bbeaty...18,17,1, total 36
4. Ethan/...28,28,-10 total 46
5. Austin/fallin apart...26,26,-6 total 46
6. Caleb/Captain of Crunch...28,23,-5 total 46
7. Thommy/Tgreer...14,30,24 total 68
8. Raymond/r4x4rcbowl...32,30,34 total 96

jeepsohigh 02-19-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabash (Post 3576977)
This rig just continues to amaze me, it won it's 3rd comp in a row yesterday, making it a perfect 3 for 3 so far. Needless to say, I'm still very happy with it! "thumbsup"

Nice work Dave"thumbsup"

papabash 02-19-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepsohigh (Post 3577002)
Nice work Dave"thumbsup"

Thanks Brian!

fallin apart 02-20-2012 06:36 PM

Good job on the win Dave oh and my Dad says he's gunnin for you in the summer series..........no pressure8)

papabash 02-20-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallin apart (Post 3580314)
Good job on the win Dave oh and my Dad says he's gunnin for you in the summer series..........no pressure8)

Thanks Austin, and your dad really stepped it up Saturday, I have to say I was pretty proud of him. "thumbsup"

89redranger 02-25-2012 02:29 PM

papabash, hate to come in so late with a question about the shocks, but how did you mount them in the shock shaft end? The mini Late Model shocks I just got have REALLY narrow balls in the rod ends and they are a smaller diameter as well. Did you use the MRC rod ends as well as the top caps on the Late Model shocks, or are those the ends that came with them? I really don't see how with the ball being that small how they'll get any flex before the body of the rod end touches it's mounting point.

I'm so lost...?

Edit: Found it. Should Read, not just look at the pictures...

papabash 02-25-2012 03:23 PM

Glad you found your answer. Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. "thumbsup"

jeremyfowler33 02-25-2012 07:45 PM

im very impressed with this build now if i could only build mine before next weekend! lol very nice ride

papabash 02-25-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyfowler33 (Post 3591618)
im very impressed with this build now if i could only build mine before next weekend! lol very nice ride

Thank you very much! I've had several of the different chassis available, and this one is by far the best yet.

comp pro 02-26-2012 09:03 AM

how do you like your low pro? i have one but have not driven it!do you like those over drive gears?will you ever put in dons new servo mount in?

EverettY 02-26-2012 01:43 PM

Great job on the win David. Do the stock shocks work with this or do you have to run shorter shocks?

papabash 02-26-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comp pro (Post 3592400)
how do you like your low pro?

Like I said in the above post, I've built several different style chassis, and this is by far the best handling rig yet. I always build my rigs similarly, so I can give each chassis a fair appraisal. I can honestly say that the Mini Wedge and Mini Wedge Low Pro are waaaaaaaaaaaaay above any of the others, with the Low Pro being slightly better than the standard Mini Wedge. Don really knows his stuff, 'nuff said!
Quote:

do you like those over drive gears?
Yes, I feel that they increase the ability to climb as well as decrease the turning radius. Definitely something I do with all my MRC builds.
Quote:

will you ever put in dons new servo mount in?
I probably won't be running his battery holder servo mount, as I run my front end a bit too narrow for clearance. His aluminum servo mount looks like it would fit my needs very well, though.

papabash 02-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3592840)
Great job on the win David. Do the stock shocks work with this or do you have to run shorter shocks?

Thanks! I'm running the shorter Mini Late Model shocks by Losi. They are the perfect length for this chassis.

EverettY 02-26-2012 02:19 PM

Ok I'm guessing the stock shocks wouldn't work the best with this chassis then :P

papabash 02-26-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3592904)
Ok I'm guessing the stock shocks wouldn't work the best with this chassis then :P

If by stock you mean the Pro Roller stock aluminum shocks, then it can be done, but with modification to the shocks. I think Don cut his down to Mini Late Model length and put in Mini T shafts. It was much easier for me to just get the MLM shocks and modify them to accept the stock shock caps.