Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: GC3 or Mini Pro chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GC3 or Mini Pro chassis?

I have a couple of Beetle Juice chassis on the way for my mini and my sons mini I am building. His is a mini pro and I have a GC3. So now these will both be spare and one will be available to go on the fiance's mini that she got for Christmas. Is there someone out that has used both of these chassis? I know I really like the GC3 but the mini pro chassis looks like it will do pretty good as well.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: GC3 or Mini Pro chassis?

Either one will get the job done. I cannot remember but there was some stink about who actually had the rights to the design behind the pro. I have bigger things to worry about that that personally but I only say that to suggest, when in doubt, support the RCcrawler guys.

RickM
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Either one will get the job done. I cannot remember but there was some stink about who actually had the rights to the design behind the pro. I have bigger things to worry about that that personally but I only say that to suggest, when in doubt, support the RCcrawler guys.

RickM
For me, it's not about that political BS. I have both of these chassis, bought and paid for. I'm looking for some real world experience from people who may have used both. I know they are both good, but which one out performs?

I'm thinking just the lighter weight of the Mini Pro chassis should help a bit, as well as the shock mounting options. Either one will be better than the stock for sure.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well since nobody else has replied, I will give you my mixed-up opinion for what it's worth...
I have both chassis, one that I built for my son (Losi Pro) and the GC3 that I built for myself and have since handed down to my daughter. Personally (and I know I am in the minority here), I don't care for the Losi Pro chassis, although I really can't give you an honest answer as to why other than it just seemed like I could never get it to perform like I wanted it to. It took a good deal of tinkering to get the GC3 where I felt like it performed to my expectations, but once I got it there, it's pretty good. IMO, neither of them perform on par with the BWD Mini Wedges or even the T1E Moonbuggy (yes, I own them as well), but that was not your question. If I had to decide on which one to keep, I think I'd go with the GC3, but that's just my opinion.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I owned a GC3 and had the hardest time getting it to loosen up some. Bought a wedge and really liked the way it drove compared to the GC3. Since you did not ask about the wedge here is my point. I sold the GC3 to a close buddy who comped it against me "as was" and he beat me with it. I also am hearing that the carbon is breaking which is also fixable.

I think both chassis have won national championships so I kindof think you are going to be just as good to pick one and tune the crap out of it.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I cannot remember but there was some stink about who actually had the rights to the design behind the pro.
The same guy designed both chassis.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Interesting to say the least.

Last edited by Scottmisfits; 12-29-2011 at 08:32 AM.