Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

Sorry it's been slow. The links should be here by the beginning of next week. I still haven't run it yet because I told myself not to throw it together with a bunch of random parts. I wanted it built correctly so I can focus on setting the chassis/links/shocks etc up correctly for my driving style and type of terrain. Stay tuned!
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

The links will be here today...I'll work with them this weekend to get everything set up.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #83
MFDesigns

looks good Ryan,
by the way welcome to the team. I'm honored to have you reppin for MFD and giving the Lil MF'r a go. keep me informed of your thoughts on it so i can make improvements if needed.

mike
mfawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfawv View Post
looks good Ryan,
by the way welcome to the team. I'm honored to have you reppin for MFD and giving the Lil MF'r a go. keep me informed of your thoughts on it so i can make improvements if needed.

mike
Thanks Mike...happy to support you! I got all of the links made up this weekend and installed. I was able to get a little drive time in and make some adjustments, but I'm still not where I'd like it to be. I'm thinking that the super short front upper links are my problem at this point. They seem to "bind" the front suspension...they aren't hitting anything...neither are the rod ends, but the angle from the chassis to where they mount to the front tray is sharp.

The problem I'm trying to sort out is when I'm attempting a climb where the right front needs to fall away from the rig in order to maintain contact with the ground the entire front end lifts and I'm left with the front left tire being the only tire in contact. At that point I'm unable to get it to settle...

One thing I have noticed that I really like about the bodiless cab is that when the rig flips backwards off of a steep climb that it generally lands back on it's wheels I haven't tried self recovery with it yet since I don't have panels on it and I'd rather give that a go on a rock surface rather than grass/dirt.

More to come...
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #85
E.Y. Designs

OK so it's been almost a month... You got any updates?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Yeah a quick update...We held a local comp, but didn't run the 1.9's in order to speed things up because we were hosting a party for some club members afterwards. Basically I didn't get to drive the truck on a course until this past weekend at the TN comp The truck worked really well for me...the only mistakes I made were attributed to several of the rocks being incredibly slick and these littler trucks just didn't have any bite to stay out of the gates on the low side. I ended up in 2nd place behind rockpayne...and if any of you know him you know he really knows his little truck and therefore I'm more than happy to lose to him

I'm going to wait for our next comp here in SC at the end of this month before I make any changes to my current setup. I sent Mike a message the other day letting him know my thoughts on the chassis so far and my ideas for any changes that I thought might benefit it. Hopefully these will be available to everyone soon!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #87
MFDesigns

good job ryan, glad to hear its working well for you. thanks for the feedback also.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Yeah a quick update...We held a local comp, but didn't run the 1.9's in order to speed things up because we were hosting a party for some club members afterwards. Basically I didn't get to drive the truck on a course until this past weekend at the TN comp The truck worked really well for me...the only mistakes I made were attributed to several of the rocks being incredibly slick and these littler trucks just didn't have any bite to stay out of the gates on the low side. I ended up in 2nd place behind rockpayne...and if any of you know him you know he really knows his little truck and therefore I'm more than happy to lose to him

I'm going to wait for our next comp here in SC at the end of this month before I make any changes to my current setup. I sent Mike a message the other day letting him know my thoughts on the chassis so far and my ideas for any changes that I thought might benefit it. Hopefully these will be available to everyone soon!
No kinder words were spoken, very appreciated, but I had to beat you at something since I got beaten in everything else by you . I do really enjoy 1.9 and 2.2S and when my mind is not on other things ( you know the subject I was thinking about) I might have given you a run for it in the others, but it is all so much fun and I just enjoy hanging out with everyone...
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #89
Rock Stacker

What is your total rig weight and on each axle now?
rnemovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
What is your total rig weight and on each axle now?
I'll have to get back to you on that...
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Well this rig is continuing to work well and was able to help me take a win at our comp this past Sunday Thanks again to MFAWV for the great chassis!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

can i have all your old parts?!?!?!? lol
REV666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #93
MFDesigns

good job ryan,
do you have a wieght RTR and width outside of wheels front and rear.

mike
Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

This lil MF'r pulled off another win yesterday

I'll get a weight on it soon...gotta clean up the tires a little after the comp.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #95
MFDesigns

f'n right on ryan,
another win is awsome sir. keep up the good work.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfawv View Post
good job ryan,
do you have a wieght RTR and width outside of wheels front and rear.

mike
I completely let this slip, but the RTR weight on my rig running a Gens Ace 450 3S is 2lbs 9oz
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

So I got a package in the mail the other day from Mike with some new chassis plates in it. I know there are quite a few of you waiting to be able to buy this chassis, but just know that you can rest assured that Mike is doing his homework and LISTENING to those of us that have them already. He has made several changes with the new plates and all of them were improvements.

First off the nose or hood was reshaped bringing it up and straight out rather than dipping down. On my rig this helped out with servo and electronics clearances. It will also help out if you are trying to cram a battery on top of the front upper links by keeping the chassis from bottoming out on it before the suspension cycles completely. Other changes of note are mostly in the shock and link holes. Several holes were eliminated as they just weren't necessary and also help retain more rigidity overall.

I installed the new plates on my rig LATE last night and also decided to redo my electronics. Another goal I had was to mount the front uppers under the servo on the RCBros plate rather than at the rear most holes in order to get them closer to the length of the lowers. That took a little work, but it worked out fine. I had all of the electronics mounted on top of the uppers but now they are split up with the Sidewinder Micro and BEC below the lexan tray and the Rx laying flat with the plugs pointing down on the top front of the same tray. I will be picking up some slightly smaller LiPos in order to mount them on top of this tray and allow me to run this rig in bodiless form I also decided to shave the sidewalls on the Rovers...made a huge improvement!

Pics to come later on...

Last edited by ittybitty; 05-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

A while back another member here on RCC posted some motors for sale in the classified that got my attention. They had neodymium magnets and he claimed they were very smooth and had enough punch too. They didn't have labels on them so it took some searching to find them for sale online. I wasn't about to pay what he was asking for them ($35+) so if you bought one...sorry they only cost $8.50 .

The motors are intended for a helicopter and have replacement parts available. They also come with a motor spacer...which you typically end up needing in order to set the pinion up correctly on these rigs. I've been running this motor for a while now and have to say that I really do like it. It's got great low speed control and enough punch to do what I need. I was running the Insane before this and the only thing I liked about it more was that it had a tad bit more wheelspeed with the 12t pinion. Now...the benefit of the neo magnets shines here. The Insane would have burnt up with anything more than the 12t pinion if used regularly and run hard. These new motors run cool to the touch with the 12t so I stepped up to a 14t pinion to gain some wheelspeed and to see how they would handle the larger pinion. The 14t does heat the motor up and by the time I run a 450mah pack...about 15 mins...the motor is hot enough that you don't want to hold it for too long. I was running a 3S LiPo.

Sorry for the novel...but I thought it was time to share these with everyone now that I've had some run time on them. I've bought them from more than one place and had good results. You can find them here:

Modified 380X Brushed Motor [EHB005] - $8.50 : Xtreme Production Official Web Site, RC Helicopters Parts for Helicopters Accessory

Last edited by ittybitty; 05-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #99
MFDesigns

thankyou for that piece of info on those motors. i know someone that bought one for $35, ouch. im running the insane but only run my mini at comps, only one a month.

mike
Old 05-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #100
RCC Addict

So with regards to that modified 380 motor, how do you think it would do with a 14T pinion on 2s?
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~" Rc4wd's RCX TIMBERWOLF "~ Built by Run2jeepn run2jeepn 2.2 Scale Rigs 118 02-23-2011 06:38 PM
MRC "motor noise" and L-trail chassis "drive shaft" joeel Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 03-04-2010 04:38 PM