Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: EverettY's BWD Mini Wedge Low-Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: EverettY's MRC Pro Build ;)

nice mini!
comp pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #62
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Im glad ya got your esc issue figured out bro. I kinda figured that might be the issue.

So...can you pull your battery out easy enough with that new mount? It looks like shes wedged in there pretty well.

I actually ran those new BWD wheels on the Wicked Cricket prototype at Nats last year and they DO work killer. Im just not a fan of knuckle weights on a mini and there isn't a ton of room on the wheel for lead without losing some tire wrap. But she was quick without the rotating mass.

If you're thinking about bodyless...both the BWD and the Chaotic are killer choices and you wont go wrong with either. Ive run em both along with the Mini Juice & now elusive Wicked Cricket (which I WILL build soon. Poor thing looks sad on my bench) and they both perform. I like the Chaotic because its an improved Pro Roller and a direct replacement for your stock chassis. Chaotic also offers the Ti link set if ya wanna go THAT route. Obviously Im a tad biased in my opinions but like I said...either will treat you well.

Keep up the good build bro and let me know how that electricsl issue works out and dont hesitate to hit me up again if ya need some help.

J.D.
Ya thanks for your help man I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Flatten your shocks out a little. Heres a sneak peak of my rig. You'll see how low she sits for that reason. This pic is an extreme version before I leveled her off a little but you see where Im going with it. I just thought it looked cool as hell all stinkbug like a 70's Chevelle.

This is about where I ran my last mini.

Obviously still low and sitting stinkbug style but it works really well on those steep climbs you're rollin over on.

With that short of a wheel base...lower is better. Look at the mini class killin 801 clan...they run belly draggers and MOST run drooped suspension. Ya really dont wanna add too much weight because these little 380 can motors aren't capable of high loads so low and lean works best.

Obviously you need to find a happy balance. You want SOME ground clearance but ya gotta decide how much you NEED.

J.D.
Ok Thanks for the Advice I will do that to it.
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #63
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp pro View Post
nice mini!
Heck Ya! He has probably my favorite mini of anybodies :P. Not saying yours isn't cool but ya....you get the point.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #64
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
nice mini!
Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Ya thanks for your help man I really appreciate it.

Ok Thanks for the Advice I will do that to it.
No problem man. Glad I was able t help ya out.

Quote:
Heck Ya! He has probably my favorite mini of anybodies :P. Not saying yours isn't cool but ya....you get the point.
Thanks. Shes dialed too. I kept having issue after issue which motivated the recent rebuild but shes doin work now.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #65
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

You should grab some rx pins, plugs and a set of pin crimpers to shorten those leads. One of the best investments I've made. I use em on every build.

Also...do you have to back out those screws in the battery mount to get it out? It looks that way from the pics.

Also also...the gear mod I was telling you about to get the most outta that Brood Anarchy is this...
Grab an AE RC18 66T spur gear & drill out the center mount to fit the MRC sleeve. I suggest using a drill press or at least a step bit so it stays centered...otherwise you're gonna end up with a nice tight spot in your mesh as the gear wobbles on its mount.

Then you'll wanna get a small pinion...I ran a 9t. The BWD motor spacer will help a lot in getting the set screw to mate with the motor shaft. I also took a Dremel to the Anarchy shaft to create a flat spot for a better mating surface.

This new gear ratio is gonna zap any speed you had but it will help with the cogging and lack of low end.

J.D.

Last edited by HARDKNOCKZ; 03-21-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You should grab some rx pins, plugs and a set of pin crimpers to shorten those leads. One of the best investments I've made. I use em on every build.

Also...do you have to back out those screws in the battery mount to get it out? It looks that way from the pics.

Also also...the gear mod I was telling you about to get the most outta that Brood Anarchy is this...
Grab an AE RC18 66T spur gear & drill out the center mount to fit the MRC sleeve. I suggest using a drill press or at least a step bit so it stays centered...otherwise you're gonna end up with a nice tight spot in your mesh as the gear wobbles on its mount.

Then you'll wanna get a small pinion...I ran a 9t. The BWD motor spacer will help a lot in getting the set screw to mate with the motor shaft. I also took a Dremel to the Anarchy shaft to create a flat spot for a better mating surface.

This new gear ratio is gonna zap any speed you had but it will help with the cogging and lack of low end.

J.D.
on the servo/battery mount i took two long stud screws put the in with some locktite.when you put the cover on you should have a little bit of the stud sticking out of the top.screw a lock nut on till tight.except i did use locktite on mine.you can if you want.the way i do it without locktite is with the cover on the stud barely sticks out of the to so the lock nut barely threads but always tight.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #67
E.Y. Designs

Quote:

Ok I'll have to do that.

Yup but it is really easy to do

OK I'm going to order that stuff soon.

I ordered the BWD Motor Spacer on Tuesday along with a Motor Plate for it. He found two extras so I ordered one up Really fast .

OK Ya I have had problems with not having enough torque so that will really be helpful

J.D.

Ok I'll do that stuff thanks for your help!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #68
E.Y. Designs

I ordered the BWD Motor Plate and Motor Spacer a few days ago and it is en route to me right now. I also flattened the shocks and inverted them. I can get better twist and it twists much better. I can also climb and descend much better.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

BWD all the way man!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #70
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
I ordered the BWD Motor Plate and Motor Spacer a few days ago and it is en route to me right now. I also flattened the shocks and inverted them. I can get better twist and it twists much better. I can also climb and descend much better.
Be careful with the inverted shocks. They leak pretty bad right side up.

I personally dont like inverted shocks on any of my rigs. The only REAL benefit IMO is getting that teeny tiny bit of weight in way of the shock oil...lower.

My major problem is that when inverted...your piston is now sitting in the air pocket, at the beginning of the stroke, making em cycle somewhat quirky and unpredictable. But if it works for you bro...run em. Just check your oil frequently.

J.D.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Be careful with the inverted shocks. They leak pretty bad right side up.

I personally dont like inverted shocks on any of my rigs. The only REAL benefit IMO is getting that teeny tiny bit of weight in way of the shock oil...lower.

My major problem is that when inverted...your piston is now sitting in the air pocket, at the beginning of the stroke, making em cycle somewhat quirky and unpredictable. But if it works for you bro...run em. Just check your oil frequently.

J.D.
it's really noticeable on a losi 4in shock!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #72
E.Y. Designs

It's working great for me right now soooo I'll probable keep running it that way for now until probs come up. BTW did you get my PM J.D.?

Last edited by EverettY; 03-23-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #73
E.Y. Designs

Just traded for a Holmes Torquemaster Mini 19T so I'll be trying that out too
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #74
E.Y. Designs

Look what was on my porch when I got home today . I'll get it mounted up tomorrow and than get some more pics up.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #75
E.Y. Designs

And pics of the Motor Plate all mounted up.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #76
E.Y. Designs

And I got all back in the car . I took some video footage yesterday and I was going to put it all together and make a movie but when I put the memory card in the computer the video's wouldn't show up. They show up when I stick them back in the camera but not on the computer.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #77
Pebble Pounder

yeah billet works!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #78
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
yeah billet works!
HAHA ya I love BWD

OK so I got my HH Mini Torquemaster Mini today and I mounted it up and took it out for a test drive. It was working great and than my MRC took a little fall about 1 ft and it went rolling and I picked it up and one of the Losi Rear Bent links had broken :P.....And since it broke right were the rod end connects part of it is stuck in the rod end and I can't get it out and I don't have extra rod ends so I'm out of business for now :(

I also did a little trimming to my tires and they perform noticeable better so that is a good thing.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Whatever you do, DON'T replace the Losi bent link with another Losi bent link! They are known for breaking way too often and way too easily. Just my 2 cents worth of advice there..........
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

get some delrin links from don.they slide over the rocks really smooth!

EverettY's BWD Mini Wedge Low-Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oz Bruiser BWD Low Pro Wedge Oz Bruiser Axial AX-10 Scorpion 79 03-28-2013 06:39 PM
Kratos Team BWD Mini Wedge "Low Pro" Kratos Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 73 06-15-2012 10:11 PM
BWD Mini Wedge "Low Pro" billet works Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 61 04-05-2012 03:58 PM
BWD Low Profile Mini Wedge Build BuckImod Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 35 09-02-2011 10:05 PM