Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: EverettY's BWD Mini Wedge Low-Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #81
E.Y. Designs

Default Re: EverettY's MRC Pro Build ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Whatever you do, DON'T replace the Losi bent link with another Losi bent link! They are known for breaking way too often and way too easily. Just my 2 cents worth of advice there..........
HAHA Don't worry at all I bent it the other day slightly so I was expecting it to break sometime soon but not quite that soon........

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp pro View Post
get some delrin links from don.they slide over the rocks really smooth!
I'm planning on getting some Chaotic Crawler Ti links for it they are very sturdy and they are smaller then the delrin and Ti slides really well on rocks.

On another note I might be picking a BWD Mini Low Pro chassis up from Chicklet so I will finally be bodiless. Or I might be picking up a Chaotic Mini Pro chassis from J.D. We will see though.
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

go with BWD.its always dominates.i have the low pro and it has amazing side hilling.really low profile too.the shock angles are amazing.really tune able.thats just a opinion.
comp pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #83
E.Y. Designs

Who knows maybe if I can get the money I'll get both and try them both and decide which one I like best
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #84
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp pro View Post
go with BWD.its always dominates.i have the low pro and it has amazing side hilling.really low profile too.the shock angles are amazing.really tune able.thats just a opinion.
Wow. ALWAYS dominates? Hmmmm...dont know about that one bro.

Either you go with will serve you well Ev. Ive run em both & perfer the ease of the initial setup of the Chaotic. Of course Im a tad bias. Don does KILLER work so like I said...choose what you find to be the most attractive...not what your told DOMINATES.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #85
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Wow. ALWAYS dominates? Hmmmm...dont know about that one bro.

Either you go with will serve you well Ev. Ive run em both & perfer the ease of the initial setup of the Chaotic. Of course Im a tad bias. Don does KILLER work so like I said...choose what you find to be the most attractive...not what your told DOMINATES.

J.D.
HAHA ya He is just a Die Hard BWD fan...... The only thing I don't really like about the Low Pro is It's not my favorite look. It looks better I think without the cab than with the cab..... So anyway.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #86
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
HAHA ya He is just a Die Hard BWD fan...... The only thing I don't really like about the Low Pro is It's not my favorite look. It looks better I think without the cab than with the cab..... So anyway.
Like I said man...run what YOU wanna run.

Im a fan of Dons work as well. I stayed up all night in a Vegas hotel room building a prototype BWD chassis to run the next morning at Nats.

EITHER will serve you well...NEITHER will be plug n play. They'll both take some tuning to get em workin to their full potential.

Chaotic, Billet, Y Town...ANY top chassis would be a good choice for you bro so get whatcha like. YOU gotta build it & YOU gotta drive it.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

JD is right, you gotta build it and you gotta drive it, and most any of the top chassis can be made to run very well. I will say this, though, and it is no lie........... when I took my Low-Pro out for it's first test drive it was completely un-tuned, I put it together and went to the rocks. It was pulling lines that my fully-tuned Mini Wedge (regular style) couldn't pull. That is about as close to plug-n-play as you can possibly get! With just a tad bit of tuning, it won it's first comp, and the next 3 as well. Personally, I like the looks of the Low-Pro, but even if I didn't, I would choose performance over appearance any day! Just sayin'..........................
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #88
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Like I said man...run what YOU wanna run.

Im a fan of Dons work as well. I stayed up all night in a Vegas hotel room building a prototype BWD chassis to run the next morning at Nats.

EITHER will serve you well...NEITHER will be plug n play. They'll both take some tuning to get em workin to their full potential.

Chaotic, Billet, Y Town...ANY top chassis would be a good choice for you bro so get whatcha like. YOU gotta build it & YOU gotta drive it.
Y Town doesn't make there's anymore and there aren't really anybody out there that are just selling the chassis. I would probably go for a Chaotic more than a Mini Juice anyway. I've sent Don a couple of emails recently and he hasn't responded. He has always responded really fast at all other times so.....But that's not going to keep me from not liking his stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
JD is right, you gotta build it and you gotta drive it, and most any of the top chassis can be made to run very well. I will say this, though, and it is no lie........... when I took my Low-Pro out for it's first test drive it was completely un-tuned, I put it together and went to the rocks. It was pulling lines that my fully-tuned Mini Wedge (regular style) couldn't pull. That is about as close to plug-n-play as you can possibly get! With just a tad bit of tuning, it won it's first comp, and the next 3 as well. Personally, I like the looks of the Low-Pro, but even if I didn't, I would choose performance over appearance any day! Just sayin'..........................
I would also take performance over appearence but they are both amazing chassis. What I think would be awesome is to have a chassis with a good balance low to the ground but not too low that it will start having problems going over things and one that is light and has really good looks
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I've sent Don a couple of emails recently and he hasn't responded. He has always responded really fast at all other times so.....But that's not going to keep me from not liking his stuff.
Lol, not fair tossin me under the bus when it comes to emails about a chassis that isn't near production and is low on my priority list, as mentioned previously via emails
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #90
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Lol, not fair tossin me under the bus when it comes to emails about a chassis that isn't near production and is low on my priority list, as mentioned previously via emails
I'm not tossing you under the bus at all. If I had the money I would buy all of your stuff I would love to stick you on top of the bus No wait you are on top of the bus to me :P
Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Just had to give ya a hard time bud.

As for ease of setup...I've heard nearly across the board that users found they could build the Low Pro and untuned out perform their previous rigs.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #92
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Just had to give ya a hard time bud.

As for ease of setup...I've heard nearly across the board that users found they could build the Low Pro and untuned out perform their previous rigs.
Wow that's pretty good. Is there any way to lower the cab at all do you know?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Wow that's pretty good. Is there any way to lower the cab at all do you know?
not comp legal!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #94
E.Y. Designs

Does anybody know how much to cut the shocks when cutting the stock ones to make it work for this chassis?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

It's waaaaaay easier to just buy the Mini Late Model shocks and mod them with the MRC shock caps. They are spot on and there's no guesswork or boogered attempts.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #96
E.Y. Designs

Ok I was just going to ask that question. Looks like I'm going to go with the Low Pro Chassis. Chicklet is giving me a good deal on one and she also offered me the Mini Late model shocks I still have to get the mini t springs and the spring cups but I was already getting some Springs for it and the Shock cups won't be bad at all either.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Great choice, you won't be sorry! Check page 2 of my build thread for how I modded the Mini Late Model shocks. It really helps to make articulation much smoother.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #98
E.Y. Designs

Ok I will look at that.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder

for spring cups take off the stock rodends off the stock shocks and screw it on the mini late model shocks.now you can use the spring cup retainers from jeepindouge.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #100
E.Y. Designs

Ok I'm just getting ready to order some spring cups from jeepindouge.

EverettY's BWD Mini Wedge Low-Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oz Bruiser BWD Low Pro Wedge Oz Bruiser Axial AX-10 Scorpion 79 03-28-2013 06:39 PM
Kratos Team BWD Mini Wedge "Low Pro" Kratos Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 73 06-15-2012 10:11 PM
BWD Mini Wedge "Low Pro" billet works Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 61 04-05-2012 03:58 PM
BWD Low Profile Mini Wedge Build BuckImod Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 35 09-02-2011 10:05 PM