Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Chassis Measurement Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 1.9 Chassis Measurement Questions

I am having a little trouble figuring out the chassis measurement rules. I get the overall length of the chassis and the wheelbase. Below are my questions. I have also included a picture of what I am working on. It is a departure from a typical look, but I am hoping it meets the rules! Any help will be much appreciated.

1. Is the overall height measured at the tallest point from the skid to the highest point?
2. Does the height measurement have to be in line vertically, or is it from the two parallel lines formed from the two points?
2. Does the 1" cab height need to be right at the windshield or can it be further back on the chassis?
3. Can the 2.5" width be measured anywhere on the chassis?
4. Can the 2.5" width be at the nose and taper back from there?
5. Is the 1" topper height measured from the highest point on the main chassis?

This is all I can think of for now, but I may have more questions later.

Wes
Attached Images

brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Wow, figured I would have had a reply by now.

Wes
Old 09-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
RCC Addict

No replies must mean I am good to go! ;)

Wes
Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

One last bump, in hope for some help.

Wes
Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

2.1.4 - Bodiless vehicles: Must be a self-supporting, structurally complete, rigid frame. The roof must be raised a
minimum of 1” from the main chassis to resemble a cockpit. The frame sides must be an overall minimum of 1” tall (The
cockpit & frame side are to be measured vertically from where the hood intersects the cab). Bodiless vehicles should
resemble a 1:1 vehicle

2.1.4.1 - Bodiless vehicles must have solid hood panel, solid roof panel and a minimum of 2 solid side-panels

2.1.4.1.7 - Bodiless vehicles must reach a minimum of (A) width, (B) length, and (C) height.
Measurements may include, but not limited to bumpers, stingers, frame-rails, side-rails, skid plates, roof, hood, and side panels.

2.4.10 – 1.9 Crawler class bodiless 6.75" overall length, 2.5" overall width, and 3.25" overall height.

Last edited by Slaughter; 09-12-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added photo
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'm not an expert, just trying to help you interpret the rules.

1. Is the overall height measured at the tallest point from the skid to the highest point? According to the diagram in the rules, yes.
2. Does the height measurement have to be in line vertically, or is it from the two parallel lines formed from the two points? According to the diagram, vertically from the lowest to tallest point.
2. Does the 1" cab height need to be right at the windshield or can it be further back on the chassis?
3. Can the 2.5" width be measured anywhere on the chassis? Widest point.
4. Can the 2.5" width be at the nose and taper back from there? According to the diagram in the rules, yes.
5. Is the 1" topper height measured from the highest point on the main chassis?

I'm not positive on the topper, but it does say minimum 1". And you will have to have separate hood, roof and body panels to compete, according to the rules.

Last edited by Slaughter; 09-12-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thanks for the help. My overall dimensions are fine, I am just not sure about the topper. The 1" above the cab should be fine as long as it doesn't have to be right at the windshield pillar. The dimension I reached a little bit behind. I am just not sure if I will get grief about my topper being inside instead of outside. Worst case I can make one for the outside, but I like the look.

Wes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: 1.9 Chassis Measurement Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
The 1" above the cab should be fine as long as it doesn't have to be right at the windshield pillar.
I know this is probably a bit late, but I just stumbled across it. You may want to check out the thread below. This was brought up awhile back concerning 2.2's, but the rules committee would probably also use the same guidelines for 1.9.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rules...asurments.html
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote