Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Right real wheel just spins freely?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Right real wheel just spins freely?

So today I built my mrc crawler I have had for a year. Never really drove it much outside at all. When I was putting the wheels on and spinning them all but 1 would spin the motor and tranny by had but the right rear would just spin and wouldn't spin the motor at all. What would cause this? Thanks!
kwonchoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
E.Y. Designs

Default Re: Right real wheel just spins freely?

Maybe your shaft is broken... or if the place were the shaft connects the rear diff is stripped out that might cause it to spin... take it apart and look at it it shouldn't be hard to figure out the problem
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Will do tomorrow. It's 3am here and I'm ready for bed lol. I have the bwd low pro chassis but I just can't get the damn thing to work.

Still trying to figure out what motor and ecs I want to get
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

OP, like Everett said the axle shaft is probably not engaging the diff. I'd say that you need to replace the locker in the axle especially if they are still stock plastics.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

What's up fellow PA.. merry xmas... As stated, prolly ur locker in ur diff, unless its a pro axle like ur Sig says? Then its odd cause thy have a metal locker an a straight axle.. so then, like Everett said, maybe a broken axle?

Best thing to do is post pics for better help, more info.. take it apart..

As far as the low pro, what can't you get to work bout it? the chassis an links or just the electronics? Mongoose system, or lots of options other wise.. micro esc's an mini brushed, fx-r an a mini handwound, etc..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
What's up fellow PA.. merry xmas... As stated, prolly ur locker in ur diff, unless its a pro axle like ur Sig says? Then its odd cause thy have a metal locker an a straight axle.. so then, like Everett said, maybe a broken axle?

Best thing to do is post pics for better help, more info.. take it apart..

As far as the low pro, what can't you get to work bout it? the chassis an links or just the electronics? Mongoose system, or lots of options other wise.. micro esc's an mini brushed, fx-r an a mini handwound, etc..
Where is pa are you from? An no it's not a pro just the regular mrc ill have to take it apart tonight!

And I just can't get it to work right with the shocks and servo. I'd love to get it running tho :(.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i'd check the pin that holds the wheel hex before i tore the diff down
muddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Williamsport Pa.. 3hrs north.. you crawl with any clubs ur way?

Get some pics posted of ur low pro.. I run a Bwd mini mantis an didn't like my front end at first either.. then I put on a rcbros 4 link servo mount.. it works great! Check out papa bash's build. I believe he runs the low pro.. maybe some ideas.. I have also noticed the link geo works much nicer with some Bwd bombproof shock/link mounts.. great chassis from Don an they work great!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Williamsport Pa.. 3hrs north.. you crawl with any clubs ur way?

Get some pics posted of ur low pro.. I run a Bwd mini mantis an didn't like my front end at first either.. then I put on a rcbros 4 link servo mount.. it works great! Check out papa bash's build. I believe he runs the low pro.. maybe some ideas.. I have also noticed the link geo works much nicer with some Bwd bombproof shock/link mounts.. great chassis from Don an they work great!
Never took my mrc out side ever lol. Ill deff post some pictures. Maybe you could help me out. I just took the bwd chassis apart and re made the stock mrc chassis. I just want to get it running at this point and go crawl it.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
E.Y. Designs

I had the Wedge Low Pro... It was a great chassis... What issues are you having with the chassis?
Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
I had the Wedge Low Pro... It was a great chassis... What issues are you having with the chassis?
Idk if its the shocks I'm trying to run or what but the chassis is just WAY to stiff it seems. It dosnt get the same amount of flex as the others I have seen. It seems like its just shouldn't be twisting like that.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwonchoba View Post
Idk if its the shocks I'm trying to run or what but the chassis is just WAY to stiff it seems. It dosnt get the same amount of flex as the others I have seen. It seems like its just shouldn't be twisting like that.
Are you using the stock shocks? Cause the Low Pro uses Mini Slider Rear shocks I think it is... They are shorter than stock and are what this chassis is supposed to be used with...
Old 12-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I never received the pictures you said you would send, can't really help without seeing what's going on... The Low-Pro, when set up properly, doesn't flex as much as a lot of other chassis (especially if you're used to the stock chassis). It really needs to have the Mini Late Model shocks on it (page 2 of my build), or some that are very similar in length. Post some pics and maybe we can give you a hand.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Havent had time to get any pictures. Havent been home and work the next 6 days straight of shitty hours.

But any way. Ill order up some metal lockers, i have always wanted to. Im also running BWD shock/link mounts on both axles. Also running a full size servo on the mrc so maybe thats another problem i am running into.

Will probably order a new motor and ecs and a few lipos this week to get the stock chassis running. Then hopfully get the low pro running.

There are some members over in NJ where my gf lives and i might see if i can meet up with them and have them help me out getting it to run.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
E.Y. Designs

A lot of people run full size servos... I ran one with mine and Papabash does also...

I also run the BWD shock/link mounts... They work great with the chassis... If you have the stock shocks you can always cut the bodies on them down and use the shafts from the Mini Late model shocks...
Old 12-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Full size servo won't change anything.. too much articulation is bad, mmm K.. its not a hugely needed thing.. check out what papa bash told ya.. he's the 1.9 guru from what I have read.. specially since he runs that chassis to podium level..

You ever find any clubs near you? EpaRc... Great club an group of guys.. find the PA section on the main menu.. look for Jslick.. get ur ass to rausch creek comps! Lol..
Old 12-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Right now i have the stock chassis all built with axles and tranny and motor in it right now. All i really need to do it put the ecs receiver and battery in to run it. Id like to get a new ecs and motor soon tho. That way i can run lipos safety. Once i have this stock mrc running i will probably either take it apart or buy another or a pro to build the low pro.

Right real wheel just spins freely? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One wheel spins freely natskiboy Axial SCX-10 9 05-13-2012 08:56 AM
Berg V2 axle rear wheel spins slower i-5 EnRoute Berg 9 06-09-2011 05:41 AM
should these axles be spinning freely? (freewheeling) 53 willys Axial XR10 14 10-31-2010 08:47 AM
How freely should the Spur Gear spin? Steve at Danfor Axial SCX-10 11 04-10-2009 01:29 PM
Real Deal Steering Wheel muddauber7 Scale Accessories 12 07-19-2008 04:10 PM