Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Problems with LOSI MRC steering geometry?? Help!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #1

Default Problems with LOSI MRC steering geometry?? Help!?

Whats up guys,
After upgrading my servo to the hitec HS-646WP my steering is not centered.. It turns a little more to the right then it does to the left. Will this superlift Adjustable steering stabilizer work to fix this? It says that you can use it as a steering linkage on the site. If not, can anyone point me in the direction to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Last edited by mike253905; 01-12-2014 at 04:02 PM.
mike253905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Problems with LOSI MRC steering geometry?? Help!?

unscrew your steering arm from the servo
power up the machine
servo will center
now re-attach your steering arm centered on the splines of the servo
adjust your steering linkage so your wheels are straight
done
daver18qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #3

@daver18qc

Thanks for your response. Here is a picture of my servo horn on.. I think the problem is that after adding the 1/10 servo to it the servo is a little further towards the right side of the car and the short steering linkage cant reach with my servo horn at complete center so I am forced to have it the way you see in the pic.. Do you see any easy fixes? I'm new to this so it might be something simple but I cant seem to figure it out. I've used it for the past couple of months the way it is but am now starting to get tired of it turning more to the right then to the left.. especially with crawling every small move counts..

thanks again
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike253905 View Post
@daver18qc

Thanks for your response. Here is a picture of my servo horn on.. I think the problem is that after adding the 1/10 servo to it the servo is a little further towards the right side of the car and the short steering linkage cant reach with my servo horn at complete center so I am forced to have it the way you see in the pic.. Do you see any easy fixes? I'm new to this so it might be something simple but I cant seem to figure it out. I've used it for the past couple of months the way it is but am now starting to get tired of it turning more to the right then to the left.. especially with crawling every small move counts..

thanks again
Yeah, i forgot that the stock MRC had fixed length steering links so what you need is 1 adjustable steering link (circled in red) that goes from your servo to the front-left wheel and then you adjust the length of that so the wheels are straight.

That is, do that after you center your steering arm (circled in blue) on the servo so that it points straight down and not a little to the left like it is in the picture !

You need a steering link (circled in red) that looks like this and that you can adjust :

What you can also do, on the cheap, is cut your link in half and use a piece of threaded rod or a long screw that you cut the head off to screw both halves back together, leave some space in the middle so that you effectively have more length.

Last edited by daver18qc; 01-12-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #5

@daver18qc,
Can you point me in the right direction for a adjustable steering link that will work for the mrc? The only one I see is the superlift steering stabilizer from rc4wd but it says it can be used as acc adjustable steering link. But it's like 12-14$. Is there any cheaper options?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The cheaper option would be to go to your local hobbie store and look for ANY make/model link that would fit your application.
An Axial SCX10 steering link would probably fit, with some tweaking from a metal saw or dremel tool.

If that is not possible then fix your steering arm to point straight down, point your wheels straight ahead and measure the distance needed for the link. Then you can buy something on the internet that fits.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Try putting your link at the lowest point on the servo arm. It may give you the extra bit you need.
DENNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #8

@denno yo man, I just got around to trying your advice of lowering the link to the bottom hole on the servo arm. It worked like a charm! Thanks again bro!

Problems with LOSI MRC steering geometry?? Help!? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need steering geometry advice. CHawk68462 Axial SCX-10 38 07-24-2013 07:35 AM
Changing the steering geometry? Uli Axial XR10 29 04-28-2011 04:42 PM
steering servo problems on MRC The Wall Electronics 2 04-29-2010 12:03 PM
Losi MRC receiver Problems craddock35 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 17 02-21-2010 05:40 PM
Losi MRC Steering issue llinneman Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 09-23-2008 09:15 AM