Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #61
Fifth dimension

I did receive this pic from Brian @ notch eight designs today. Smashed fxr and bec for this project. I'll be getting it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Red face Re: Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class

Looking good braaaahhh.... But it needs more purple tidbits installed before it's ready to crawl on ....CRAWLERMINJARO!!!!!
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #63
Fifth dimension

Default Re: Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class

Haha! Body bag basement
Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #64
Fifth dimension

Ok, back to building. I borrowed a light rig at our last comp and I'll be honest, light is not my goal here. To each his own for sure. I wanted to show here that with the Creation Fab 1.9 tubes, xr knuckles are the ticket and fit perfectly into 1.9 dlux wheels. Once I establish the knuckle weights fit, it's a done deal. I will have a new steering link made as this one had to go under the front links.....again. I don't believe it's the biggest deal but on top of the links would be prime. Off to mess with the weights.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #65
Fifth dimension

It's tight but who complains about that? I need a buddy to stop over and lend a hand with the electronics but I think Creation Fab nailed it. This rig will be putting on quite a show at the next comp!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #66
Fifth dimension

We are getting close!! Thanks to addicted ( Brian ) we got the steering link right where we needed it! Pics show center, lock right and left. All that remains is trying to fit my EY designs servo/4 link plate, checking the electronics and some test steering once it's powered up. The skins will most likely be similar to my pro, just orange instead of green. I'm hoping every day that this bad ass rig will debut at our qualifier

Old 05-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
I'm hoping every day that this bad ass rig will debut at our qualifier
Lot's of time left to get this buttoned up for the NENQ.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post

We are getting close!! Thanks to addicted ( Brian ) we got the steering link right where we needed it! Pics show center, lock right and left. All that remains is trying to fit my EY designs servo/4 link plate, checking the electronics and some test steering once it's powered up. The skins will most likely be similar to my pro, just orange instead of green. I'm hoping every day that this bad ass rig will debut at our qualifier

I think it should be pink like the one you ran at ECC. can't wait to see it out on the rocks.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Damn, I've missed a lot here! Rig is looking killer man! Hope to see footage on the rocks soon...
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #70
RCC Addict

That looks like 2.2 steering tech on a mini.

A step in the right direction for the class.

Looking very good David.

1.9 should be a tough class this year with the EPARCCrawlers club.

Last edited by MRCrackhead; 06-01-2014 at 11:09 AM.
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #71
Fifth dimension

2 pics of my EY Designs servo, 4 link and batt mount in carbon. She looks sweet!!

Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Very nice! You may have to outboard your uppers at the chassis end in order to get enough triangulation to limit side-side axle walk. Usually not a problem with most M3 rod ends, but the loose MRC rod ends allow a lot of movement.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #73
Fifth dimension

Out boarding is done. I forgot to mention that these are new 1/8 Ti front uppers. The plan ( time permitting ) is to replace the other 3 sets with all new Ti. This pig has to roll by the 20th so new lowers is at the bottom of the list. Once this collaboration is done, I will promote all that had a hand in this project and a link to where you can find all the products and more. She's turning out mean for sure. I'm hoping to have the panels painted this week

Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #74
Fifth dimension

Some clarification. I get comfortable with people's names and have a tendency to shorten them or even just use an initial from time to time. AddictedtoRC1 is doing some of the finish work on this truck like making the electronics smash as small as possible and making some custom links I could never pull off. He is a vendor and stand up guy to say the least. I feel crappy for shortening his name in the post above. It's inappropriate. If any of you guys are looking for custom 1/8th Ti links, tire narrowing ( especially while some guys are so crazy backed up ), the nicest preload collars available for scx shocks or perhaps some electronics worked on ( that one is a guess!), hit him up. He is notch eight designs and puts more care into quality than most. My thanks to him. When he wraps up, I'll be able to show this thing done. I'm hoping to paint the panels Thursday
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #75
Fifth dimension

So the rigs time in the notch eight lab is coming to an end. Saturday morning I pick her up. Plan is to have the panels mounted Saturday afternoon and have the tech portion of the thread finished. Then out to the rocks. I have a lot to prove with this rig. From notch eight to creation fab, custom fiber, 89redranger, EYD and I know I'm missing someone. There's a few folks I want to top at this months qualifier so I'm hurting to get this out and tune it. I believe the only part update is once EY has returned from vaca, he's building me a set of reduced scx shocks for her. Then my mini voodoos. From there it's wheel time and tuning. Saturday can't come soon enough!!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Looking forward to seeing some footage/pics of this rig on the rocks big guy! Tear 'em up and bring home a win! REALLY wish I had the funds to take a trip out East and come play on the rocks with you guys. You guys build crazy rigs, even crazier courses, and it looks like a blast.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #77
Fifth dimension

Got the thunder power packs switched to deans today

Old 06-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Any chance of getting the you to measure the "true" dimensions of these things? I ordered the 3s 325s for the customer that bought my last rig, set up the battery tray for their written dimensions, and was a little upset to find that they were about 2.5mm bigger in every measurement than described. Long story short, they fit, but BARELY!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #79
Fifth dimension

Panels done with the exception of decals.

Yes, please remind me and I'll measure em up

Old 06-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #80
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Any chance of getting the you to measure the "true" dimensions of these things? I ordered the 3s 325s for the customer that bought my last rig, set up the battery tray for their written dimensions, and was a little upset to find that they were about 2.5mm bigger in every measurement than described. Long story short, they fit, but BARELY!
I'll measure but i went 2s on this rig. They are tiny. I still don't know if they are tiny enough to work with EY's batt tray but I can't/ won't go smaller. I'd find a spot to mount it

Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawllife Grafix- Now taking orders! Crawllife Paint and Body 53 03-26-2014 01:38 AM
2.2p Bug Body (Crawllife Graphix) chris.martell Paint and Body 3 10-30-2013 07:34 PM
Any 2.2 class comp crawls around? Rockfiend South Carolina 3 09-25-2013 12:48 PM