Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class

You can get it in there man. They're all a little tight, but I'm sure it'll fit there. Especially if I can get a 3s pack down BETWEEN the upper links. It fit even using a Pro stock link mount, which sits the links fairly close together at the axle end.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #82
Fifth dimension

Ok guys. Today's progress. It runs!! Holmes gen1 servo installed. Br mini installed do to the fxr just calling it quits. CC bec. Decased spectrum rx. Notch eight designs 1/8 Ti front uppers and steering link. 2 things need to happen yet. 1) instead of lengthening batt wires or esc wires, I'm having the lhs make a small batt wire extension. 2) install the panels. After that, it's all swapping out a few pieces of hard wear here and there and making sure the spacers being used for the steering link are as good as they can be. The steering link does want to hit the front uppers at full flex. Not too worried. I also need to take the light weight axial 1.9's off in favor of my weighted vp wheels. I can't in the front due to the xr mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #83
Fifth dimension

Ok, notch eight designs knows I have this saying. " it's the 17 f@&$king things after it's done that kill me". That's where I'm going to be until the night before the qualifier. First of all, it looks beast. However the roof panel is pushing down on my rx plugs and one nasty tumble on the roof could spell " touch repair". Next, why in the hell did I cut the bottom of the door holes as big as the rest? They are eye glass screws compared to the others!! DAMN IT!! Best I can hope for is to find 4 washers to put in between the screws and the panels at the skid so the panel doesn't just slide over. 3rd, I'm feeling dumb for not asking Brian to just run the batt Leeds to the rear uppers. You need weight everywhere on these evidently and it would make my life sooooooo much easier.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #84
Fifth dimension

One last thought for anyone who has owned or seen this chassis run. The passenger door will obviously be resting against the motor. Anyone ever melt a door or do you guys run spacers to push the door out at the top? Small build, big headache.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Best remedy to your RX issue would probably be remount it the way I was originally going to (until I came up with the bright idea for how it is now).

As for the battery in the rear, use an extension. Easy cheap fix.:thumbup:
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Looks awesome bro! AddictedtoRC1 has your back on most this stuff. As for the panels, drill and tap the skid to accept M3 screws as well. Will allow M3 rod ends at the chassis, and fix your little panel problem. May as well kill two birds with one stone...

As a matter of fact, you could probably just drill it with a 3/32" bit (7/64" would be even better, but hard to find), then run a fresh steel or stainless screw with sharp threads in to cut new threads. Don't use an aluminum screw to cut threads though, it's a little tight as-is, you'll strip the head cutting threads with one.

Don't worry about hurting the panel up against the motor can. If it gets hot enough to even warp the panels, you've got bigger problems. I geared you at 12/62 IIRC, if it gets that hot I'll be sending you another motor...

Last edited by 89redranger; 06-14-2014 at 11:15 PM.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #87
Fifth dimension

You guys kick ass! I think I'll have 2 batt leed's made today. One to use the EY location and one to use the rear uppers. The rest should be easy!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #88
Fifth dimension

Here are the batt location helpers. One is long enough to get me to the rear uppers and the other 2 are if I choose to stay up front. Only time and frustration will tell. It's fathers day so no more work

Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #89
Fifth dimension

Wheel/tire on pics. Wanted to show stance. So I'm hoping for tons of feedback on this thread. If I misspell a word or make a funny face, I get 3 pages of yip yap. Serious questions.....not so much. So with the theory of keeping these heavier than we are accustom to with 2.2 pros, what shock feeling do some of you go for? This guy is super soft with these red mini-T springs. I have orange that I may try. However I get great rebound with the red springs. This is the only truck I have where if I push down on the roof, it naturally returns. So what oil weight do you run? What spring?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

They all feel different.

Have to get it on the ROCKS to know how it Feels to you..

I liked the soft feel of my mini juice but the torsion on the mini mantis works for me as well.

I think with any rig, stiff or loose, it's all about run time and knowing the action and reaction of the rig.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #91
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
They all feel different.

Have to get it on the ROCKS to know how it Feels to you..

I liked the soft feel of my mini juice but the torsion on the mini mantis works for me as well.

I think with any rig, stiff or loose, it's all about run time and knowing the action and reaction of the rig.
Thanks Troy. I believe the best thing for me to do is out a plate on the rear uppers. I'll put my batt there and have easy access to a batt for the first time in my crawling year! It will prevent new issues with potential bind as well by keeping it out of the front. Once I zip tie done wires out if the way and put the lexan plate on the rear uppers, rocks are the next step. I may be 1/10 long. Need to have a closer look. I also just traded 2.2 rovers from last season for 1.9 red dots so I'll be switching to normal hight for raulsh.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #92
Fifth dimension

Not so important but on my " get it done in 10 day list", decals......done!

Old 06-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #93
Fifth dimension

Custom Fiber represent baby baby....ok, B.I.G is a bit much for a mini thread but that's steering into the links. I'll be getting a bit less than that

Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #94
Fifth dimension

Thanks to a bud, I got my hands on some standard size 1.9 red dots for our qualifier. In the event the extra hight is problematic, I'll have options

Old 06-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Curious.. Are the 4.25" rovers you have, my old ones?
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:27 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Curious.. Are the 4.25" rovers you have, my old ones?
mmmmm .... maybe..

shhhhh don't tell Eve! ... ;)
Old 06-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #97
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
mmmmm .... maybe..

shhhhh don't tell Eve! ... ;)
Say what?!?

LOL... I've seen those tires in person but I didn't make them
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 PM   #98
Fifth dimension

Looks like one more comp with Troys rig. He's super generous to let me use it. I guess it would be a little weird to sponsor someone and turn them down on lending rigs. So this truck IS done....almost. I'm unsure if the losi rear bent links are longer than they should be or if having the bwd link mounts are to blame but it's too long. Way too long. So I'll be taking one last day trip to see a man about some links in the coming weeks. I've asked a lot of friends and sponsors with this rig thus far. Just a bit more patients and help and this thing will be on the rocks. Thanks
Old 06-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Ya know.... If ya would of given me the pile of parts months ago.. It would of been on the rocks, Months ago!

The BWD link mounts do add length.. Nothing a little cutting an grinding won't fix. ;)

Come on come on, I wanna see this thing with scratches!
Old 01-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Bump... For a new page

Last edited by winnerone23; 01-17-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Crawllife crawls into the 1.9 class - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawllife Grafix- Now taking orders! Crawllife Paint and Body 53 03-26-2014 01:38 AM
2.2p Bug Body (Crawllife Graphix) chris.martell Paint and Body 3 10-30-2013 07:34 PM
Any 2.2 class comp crawls around? Rockfiend South Carolina 3 09-25-2013 12:48 PM