Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Hot Racing MRC14N01 chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #1

Default Hot Racing MRC14N01 chassis

Hi guys this is my first real post here so here goes.

I've read a couple of threads from people wanting to see and test the Hot Racing MRC14N01 alli chassis, people have said they're going to buy one and show picks but as far as i could see there was a load of talk and nothing else.

i decided to buy one and give you all a little look.

Firstly i bought this chassis online from a store, when it turned up in the post it came with 2 sets of front and rear servo mounts but no skid plate, i contacted the seller and asked for them to send me a skid plate but they coulldn't they advised me they came pre-packed from HR and that they dont hold spares, i could have a refund and send it back or partial refund and keep it. as i'm in the UK and it took 3 weeks to get here and i was itching to try it there was no way it was gonna get returned.

No problem i thought i'll contact HR ask them to sell me one, wait a week or so for delivery - hey presto - Crawling again.

No such bloody luck. i've contacted Hot Racing at help@hot-racing.com i dont know how many times over the past few weeks and they don't even have the decency to reply. i mean hello guys i'm trying to buy something from you and you can't even respond to an email - absolutely useless customer service. i contacted a couple of resellers for them and they said they are the worst company they sell for and i should expect this.

Now i have a chassis with no-where to mount the lower links or motor - great.

I would never ever buy anything from Hot Racing again out of principle now but i will use this chassis once my local model shop have fabricated me the part that HR cant be arsed to sell me.

I cant review this rolling yet as i'm still waiting to get it on the road but i do have a couple of photo's and more with a full review and Vid's will follow.

If any of you work for HR or know someone how does then be ashamed of yourselves.

as far as the idea of this being avery high rolling chassis is concerned i beg to differ as you can see from the pics its not.

i've got the stock mrc shocks on at the minute just for the photo but these arent what i will be running on it.

enjoy these two pics and wait for more, thanks to you all and no thanks to HR.. grrrr.

Last edited by ravon2109; 01-24-2013 at 01:07 AM.
ravon2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hot Racing MRC14N01 chassis

Proper rant there..

Are u running the cab fore or aft on ur rig?
How's the rollover?
Does is use a stock pro skid plate?
elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Propper for sure!

To get the chassis to ride higher, couldn't you just mount the shocks in a lower hole on the chassis? Also ur front upper links higher for nicer response.

It looks good as a chassis, if it helps.. lol

I was also thinking the same thing, couldn't a diff skid work with it? Like the pro skid?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #4

its having a customer skid made up for it from a shop in town in a few days time.
that pic litterally is the chassis bolted together with motor and elctrics stuck in the gap for effect. dont know how im gonna set it up and run it til its finnished.

yes it can be raised or lowered - plenty or room for playing with it.

once the skid is built and i get it together and see what going where and give it a run there will be more photos and some info on how it runs

yeah it was a rant, i was hoping to get this and set it up and get out with it and show some pics etc.. was very dissapointed to find its un-useable. and shocked the hot-racing cant even answer an email but - wont it be for long though

Last edited by ravon2109; 01-24-2013 at 11:16 AM.
ravon2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I was really tempted to get that chassis but I ended up getting the Bizzarr Hobbies carbon fiber sideplates that have many mounting options. I'm coming off a steel Edge frame and what a differance! The edge isnt bad, its geared towards fun and not comp proformance. Money was a factor as well $24 opposed to $67, I figured I'd give the chassis a shot. I'll be very intrested in your build and experiance with the new chassis.
The bizarre chassis allowed me to drop the cog dramatically. I guess I need to buy a star and get posting some pics,,, sigh, another $20.....
Demodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

bringing this one back from the dead... any update?
johncraddock445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I was one of the people asking about this one and said I was going to buy it but never did. I ended up getting a pro chassis and links off ebay for $27 shipped. Looks like I made the right decision. I am still curious as to how it will perform once its all together.
Hulldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #8

ok So im resurrecting this thread as i've just bought one of these chassis and as far as i can find, no one else has posted any information or done a review on these bad boys.

Maybe its just me, but from what i can tell the Vaterra Slickrock has the same components of the losi Mini Crawler meaning that this thread aint dead by a long shot. If these chassis are still available (which they are on ebay and amazon) surely im not the only one chasing information on setup and capabilities of the Hot bodies MRC chassis for the losi mini, and maybe even some slick rock users as well.

Will post progress once the parts arrive and i get building. But as it stands im running a Losi MRC with modded chassis metal diff locks, lower gearing, lead weights in the wheels with stock tyres and bent links.

Now i've ordered the MRC14N01 chassis, i have also ordered blue metal knuckles, digital high torque mini servo, and aluminium shocks. These all in the post waiting for the MRC chassis to arrive. Will post pics once the conversion gets under way.

Looking forward to hearing if anyone else has any info on this or has updated thier build! And doing a review on the MRC14N01.

Last edited by latitude777; 03-11-2015 at 04:20 AM.
latitude777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #9

Found a nice image of the bare chassis, looking forward to getting mine and putting it together.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #10

Parts arrived!! And it's starting to come together. Setting it up for low cg which helps with some initial binding of the 4 link when setting it up as per the instructions in default holes. Looking forward to seein this thing rock n roll.

Roughly showing my intended ride height.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #11

So finally got it all assembled. Looks great but weighs a ton in comparison to the losi mrc. Just waiting on new tyres to turn up, but for now the cassis definately handles better than the losi. No torque twist and eliminated body roll etc which is nice. Will keep the updates coming.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #12

So far so good.

Just an update. Been crawling with this thing for a few days now and it's holding up well. As gas as performance goes it out crawls the stock chassis hands down. Much lower cg, way more stable and eliminates lots of chassis twist that was evident in the stock chassis.

The only downside I'm seeing so far is sheer weight. This is a full aluminium chassis vs the light weight original.... I'm very tempted to buy a sheet of carbon and cut out matching templates just to shave weight. Then I could do some Perspex covers etc for the canopy, would look awesome and drop the weight right down...AND added bonus or lowering the c of g some more!

Still waiting for my tyres to show, just some cheap is off eBay but plan on trimming them up for custom tread patterns.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #13
RCC Addict

They're more than twice the price of the ebay tires you're ordering; but I would suggest Hot Bodies Rovers tires instead.

Worth every penny.

They will change the way your rig crawls almost more than any other upgrade you can add, no joke.

My first observation would be that all your weight is in the chassis.

Look at some of the builds here.

Steal ideas on how to get as much junk on the axles, front (best place) or rear.

It looks like you have room on the rear links, or link mount for a small battery.

Make a front link tray out of lexan, plastic, cd case.....whatever, zip tie it to the top of your front links and mount some of your electronics up front.

The least amount you can have packed around the already heavy transmission, the better.
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #14

Just to let you know, i have one as well, and like it very much, its heavy but like mrcrackhead said, get some rovers, they are awsome, i tried them on some G-made beadlocks, the rig weigth just under 2 kg !! But it still crawled way better than when it was a Slickrock
Mnholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #15

Pictures of mine with Axial SCX10 Wheels, it has got a lot of scratches now, but once was shiny like yours
Mnholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #16

Nice setups..

Just waiting on some knuckle screw kits I've ordered. Lost a pin not using lock tight on the new joints so out of action for a bit.

Still super tempted to cut out a carbon fibre copy of the frame to lighten it up some but my other project an 85 4Runner is taking up my time at the moment. 😜

Plan is for 35's and dual lockers bug for now it's just getting some good Ol TLC.

Tags
hotracing, losi mini rock crawler, mrc14n01

Hot Racing MRC14N01 chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing chassis?? anybody? Hulldiver Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 21 03-30-2015 06:46 AM
Ordered a new chassis (hot racing) Chevymonster350 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 0 12-31-2012 08:36 PM
MRC14N01 Alum. Rock Racer Chassis andyms Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 0 09-28-2011 01:06 PM
hot-racing chassis question - activethunderrc Newbie General 3 02-11-2009 10:41 AM