Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRCP and MCRCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default MRCP and MCRCP

So I have two of these wonderful machines. One is completely stock and the other is modified and drooped. So I'm new to the crawler world and I'm looking for some help with these machines. I have brushless power systems, LiPos, and I'm looking to really modify these. I also have a Losi Micro crawler that I bought a cageless chassis and the Losing micro brushless power system.
I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a DIG or an alternate way of locking the rear wheels. How can I get more steering? Any help is greatly appreciated.
mitchponton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

More steering with the XR mod. No dig or anything for locking the rear axle out... Yet..

I'll give us all the help and info ya want, for a chance at one of them 2 clear bodies behind ur tx!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
More steering with the XR mod. No dig or anything for locking the rear axle out... Yet..

I'll give us all the help and info ya want, for a chance at one of them 2 clear bodies behind ur tx!
I'm really new to this and only able to use the mobile version while I'm onboard my ship. What is the XR mood or where can I get more info/tutorial on that mod?

Well I just ordered two more of the Grappler Pro bodies, I love the way it looks. I will think about the bodies as I'm not completely a fan of the old school look but I like bodies so I might not let it go. It's a Pro line body that I got with the black drooped crawler. The drooped one has Vanquish wheels too!

Back on point what other info is there for these insane machines? I'm thinking about doing 4WS on the drooped crawler too. Which body do you want more? And what can I do with the micro? I've got parts for that thing too if you are interested including a clear body.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MRCP and MCRCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPonton
Well I just ordered two more of the Grappler Pro bodies
You will receive the stock ugly body with the window decals from the Grappler...
Been there, and when i tried to warn others by writing a review on horizon hobby it got deleted.
The grappler is long gone and what Losi thought they'd do is package the stock body inside the grappler bag and hope nobody will notice...

Last edited by daver18qc; 03-20-2014 at 03:40 PM.
daver18qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Oh cool, I just noticed ur out of NJ! Check out, Garden state RC rock crawlers..
Anyways.. You can check out my mini mantis thread, to see the "old school" XR mod, or Crawllife's thread for XR adapters, or it looks like new housings that take XR/wraith chubs are on the Karnage thread..
Lots of crazy stuff goin on with these little guys these days!

Just to give a heads up.. Maybe prepare urself for getting rtr bodies, not grappler pro's.. In the last year, I have seen plenty of posts about ordering one thing and getting another..
If you get the right body, I'll take the info on where you ordered from! ;)

I do like that truck looking body tho.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver18qc View Post
You will receive the stock ugly body with the window decals from the Grappler...
Been there, and when i tried to warn others by writing a review on horizon hobby it got deleted.
The grappler is long gone and what Losi thought they'd do is package the stock body inside the grappler bag and hope nobody will notice...
I didn't order from horizon hobby actually! I'd have to find out where I ordered it from again but it was grappler pro bodies!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Oh cool, I just noticed ur out of NJ! Check out, Garden state RC rock crawlers..
Anyways.. You can check out my mini mantis thread, to see the "old school" XR mod, or Crawllife's thread for XR adapters, or it looks like new housings that take XR/wraith chubs are on the Karnage thread..

Just to give a heads up.. Maybe prepare urself for getting rtr bodies, not grappler pro's.. In the last year, I have seen plenty of posts about ordering one thing and getting another..

I'll check those threads on the XR mods and hopefully get that done. I'm going to do 4ws on the drooped black crawler and I'll think about the truck looking body. I'll set it on the MRCP when I get ashore and you can decide if you like it or not. I'm saving the clear grappler pro body for a special paint scheme. If I get grappler pro bodies I'll let you guys know!
Any other information though is greatly appreciated. Are there any cage type chassis's for sale?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Cage type chassis, i think the only one left available is the Mini Edge from TCS and they've only got a few left :
On Sale! $30 off - TCS Mini Edge frame for Losi MRC RTR (made from solid rod, not tube) - The Crawlers Store LLC

And if you do get real Grapplers bodies i wanna know where you got them for sure !!
Old 03-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Cage type chassis, i think the only one left available is the Mini Edge from TCS and they've only got a few left :
On Sale! $30 off - TCS Mini Edge frame for Losi MRC RTR (made from solid rod, not tube) - The Crawlers Store LLC

And if you do get real Grapplers bodies i wanna know where you got them for sure !!
I was hoping for a carbon fiber chassis like the pro chaotic but not really sure if there's anything else out there. I'll be back home April 1st and I'll let everyone know about the bodies.

I'm pretty sure that the truck style body I'll sell. I have another truck style I'll sell too
Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

Why don't you just get some G10 off fleebay and make your own chassis? The only reason I haven't made one for myself is I can't quite wrap my head around the size rules and I have no G10.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTHGbronco82 View Post
Why don't you just get some G10 off fleebay and make your own chassis? The only reason I haven't made one for myself is I can't quite wrap my head around the size rules and I have no G10.
Because I got both of these for a killer deal. I've spent less than 500 for both with everything!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

You can get G10 off ebay for like $10 for a 12x12 sheet. Then you can make your own chassis similar to a Chaotic 1.9 but cheaper and more unique.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTHGbronco82 View Post
You can get G10 off ebay for like $10 for a 12x12 sheet. Then you can make your own chassis similar to a Chaotic 1.9 but cheaper and more unique.
That's true I didn't think about it like that
Old 04-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Well I ended up getting a brand new undrilled Grappler Pro body with decals and Masks!!! No RTR bodies for me. I ordered two but they only had one. I'm alright with that though. I emailed them and it seems as if they don't have anymore.

So would you like to buy that truck body? I have two truck bodies if you'd like pictures I might be willing to sell them. PM me if you'd like more info
Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

you got the right body?
you lucky SoB !
Old 04-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Pm sent.. Looks like the comp is a little over an hour from you
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
you got the right body?
you lucky SoB !
Yes I did!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Lots of work done today. It's now drooped!!! Widened the wheels with a few washers and installed a ton of 3racing parts. Working on installing the 4ws system on the black crawler.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Looks all new and shiny, an stuff's.. Pretty fancy much.

Please don't cut the new body down.. You may have the last new one to be had! Lol.. But really I only ask, cause, I'm pretty sure it has to be 8" nose to tail. To be comp legal..

The other thing is the articulation.. 90° is a little much.
Most shoot for a tire height, to start with.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Looks all new and shiny, an stuff's.. Pretty fancy much.

Please don't cut the new body down.. You may have the last new one to be had! Lol.. But really I only ask, cause, I'm pretty sure it has to be 8" nose to tail. To be comp legal..

The other thing is the articulation.. 90° is a little much.
Most shoot for a tire height, to start with.
Yeah I'm actually trying to get a different company to start making these again. If that happens I'll be sure to let everyone know. Actually if I can get a tally on how many people want I can use that for the company to start producing them. Yeah new shiny stuff. Still working on it. Gotta finish up the other MRCP and then I'll re adjust the blue crawler. I know it's too much articulation but it was fun to see how much I could make. I had fun but now it's time restrict it to usable and functional limits.

The body I got doesn't even have post holes either! It is literally mint!

MRCP and MCRCP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi MRCP mitchponton Micro Scale Rigs 5 06-22-2014 02:23 PM
Losi MRC or MRCP BigJon Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 03-21-2012 07:45 PM
MRCP Servo Mounts? skullking Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 07-08-2011 05:16 PM
Back in the Game MRCP ScalerLover Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 07-05-2011 04:57 PM